Missing offline files tab

June 29, 2004 3:40:52 PM

I am trying to set up offline files on my HP Pavilion
laptop that came with Windows Home Edition pre-installed.
The Help File has very clear instructions except the
Offline Files tab on teh Folder Options dialog does not
appear. HP says that this feature is not implemented in
the Home Edition.

Is this true? Is so, why does the help file contain these
instructions?

Thanks,
Karl Berger
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 10:35:36 PM

HP is correct.

Yes, the help files are erroneous and misleading.

I don't know why they were released with this error in them, nor why it
hasn't been corrected.

"Karl Berger" <pinback2REMOVE@dcm-va.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up offline files on my HP Pavilion
> laptop that came with Windows Home Edition pre-installed.
> The Help File has very clear instructions except the
> Offline Files tab on teh Folder Options dialog does not
> appear. HP says that this feature is not implemented in
> the Home Edition.
>
> Is this true? Is so, why does the help file contain these
> instructions?
>
> Thanks,
> Karl Berger
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 11:11:20 PM

Karl Berger wrote:
> I am trying to set up offline files on my HP Pavilion
> laptop that came with Windows Home Edition pre-installed.
> The Help File has very clear instructions except the
> Offline Files tab on teh Folder Options dialog does not
> appear. HP says that this feature is not implemented in
> the Home Edition.
>
> Is this true? Is so, why does the help file contain these
> instructions?

Bill's right - you might want to check out www.centered.com for a solution I
personally prefer to Offline Files anyway.

> Thanks,
> Karl Berger
June 30, 2004 2:09:08 PM

Thanks to you and Bill, will check ot www.centered.com.