xine, VCD, unexpected PVD type 76

Hello,

I have downloaded a demo VCD image from
http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/demovcd/

When I try to play it with xine (v0.99.1, in Knoppix 3.6), it works
only with the older VCDO plugin. When I try to select "VCD" instead
(which should give me a navigation funktionality, not present in VCDO),
nothing happens, only in the console appears an error message:

"ERROR: unexpected PVD type 76"

Is this a problem in the VCD or a xine problem?

What is PVD?

(Maybe it is a xine problem, because xine understands "vcdo:/1" but
doesn't understand "vcd:/1" although it should understand both of
them.)

Bye
Guentcho

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:00:48 +0000 (UTC), Guentcho Skordev wrote:
> When I try to play it with xine (v0.99.1, in Knoppix 3.6), it works
> only with the older VCDO plugin. When I try to select "VCD" instead
> (which should give me a navigation funktionality, not present in VCDO),
> nothing happens, only in the console appears an error message:

> "ERROR: unexpected PVD type 76"

> Is this a problem in the VCD or a xine problem?

I've found it: there are two different places in the xine config file:

input.vcd_device:/dev/cdrom1
vcd.default_device:/dev/cdrom1

The second wasn't set. It seems that the first one is used by vcdo and
the second one by the vcd plugin.

Bye,
Guentcho

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:50:42 +0000 (UTC), Guentcho Skordev wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:00:48 +0000 (UTC), Guentcho Skordev wrote:
>> When I try to play it with xine (v0.99.1, in Knoppix 3.6), it works
>> only with the older VCDO plugin. When I try to select "VCD" instead
>> (which should give me a navigation funktionality, not present in VCDO),
>> nothing happens, only in the console appears an error message:
>> "ERROR: unexpected PVD type 76"
> input.vcd_device:/dev/cdrom1
> vcd.default_device:/dev/cdrom1

Now the vcd from
http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/demovcd/
starts with a menu screen, but I can't navigate or I don't know how to
navigate. All I can do is to go to the next menu and to the main menu,
but after that all the tracks are played one after another and even the
slider doesn't work properly.

Should I just wait for a new xine version, am I missing something, or
is this demo VCD different from "real life" VCDs? (The navigation in
the SVCD example from Vcdimager doesn't work either.)

Playing directly from .cue doesn't work either, authough mentioned in
the xine FAQ.

Bye
Gencho

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:24:46 +0000 (UTC), Guentcho Skordev wrote:
>> input.vcd_device:/dev/cdrom1
>> vcd.default_device:/dev/cdrom1

> Now the vcd from
> http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/demovcd/
> starts with a menu screen, but I can't navigate or I don't know how to
> navigate. All I can do is to go to the next menu and to the main menu,
> but after that all the tracks are played one after another and even the
> slider doesn't work properly.

Now I have found the navigator menu, but still a lot of things aren't
working properly. Especially switching from a still image to a video
leaves the still image on the screen. Maybe it is related to the system
load.