Trouble getting Routing and Remote Access started

I get this message when I try to start Routing and Remote Access

"Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific code 16389"

any more information will be provided as needed, any and all help appreciated
--
Thanks
2 answers Last reply

    Googling, I see a thread where this error occurred on a Windows 2000 server,
    but with no resolution.

    However, this thread:

    http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread/t-210838.html

    has a participant claiming the specific error relates to creation of TEMP
    files--so you might clear out your temp files, or check permissions on the
    location where they are stored.

    I never know whether this means %windowsroot%\temp, or \documents and
    settings\UserName\local settings\temp

    Might want to use start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup,
    to be sure!

    "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get this message when I try to start Routing and Remote Access
    >
    > "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer.
    > For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a
    > non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service
    > specific code 16389"
    >
    > any more information will be provided as needed, any and all help
    > appreciated
    > --
    > Thanks

    I realized that I forgot to mention that my OS is XP Pro version 2002 SP1
    --
    Thanks

    "ralph" wrote:

    > I get this message when I try to start Routing and Remote Access
    >
    > "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific code 16389"
    >
    > any more information will be provided as needed, any and all help appreciated
    > --
    > Thanks

Remote Access Microsoft Windows XP