Trouble getting Routing and Remote Access started

June 29, 2004 11:28:02 PM

I get this message when I try to start Routing and Remote Access

"Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific code 16389"

any more information will be provided as needed, any and all help appreciated
--
Thanks
Anonymous

Googling, I see a thread where this error occurred on a Windows 2000 server,
but with no resolution.

However, this thread:

http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread/t-210838.html

has a participant claiming the specific error relates to creation of TEMP
files--so you might clear out your temp files, or check permissions on the
location where they are stored.

I never know whether this means %windowsroot%\temp, or \documents and
settings\UserName\local settings\temp

Might want to use start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup,
to be sure!

"ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get this message when I try to start Routing and Remote Access
>
> "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer.
> For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a
> non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service
> specific code 16389"
>
> any more information will be provided as needed, any and all help
> appreciated
> --
> Thanks
July 1, 2004 5:09:02 AM

I realized that I forgot to mention that my OS is XP Pro version 2002 SP1
--
Thanks

!