DVD Santa chops off some image

Hi there

I have been enjoying the world of downloading movies in AVI or MPEG
format and transferring them to DVD.

I used to use NERO Recode 2, but for some reason all the DVD functions
will not come up in Nero if I dont have a DVD Burner installed in my
machine - you see I have a recording studio and I take my drive back
and forth between home and work, and sometim I would like to "recode"
a movie without actually having the DVD drive in the machine. Very
annoying as I feel the encoding quality is great with NERO.

Someone on these groups suggested DVD Santa. Great interface, very
easy to navigate. Still takes forever to recode a AVI to DVD files,
but that is not a limitation of the software; that is just how long it
takes (will this decrease in the next generations of DVD drives and
software?). BUT DVD Santa is definitely "cropping" the image, and I
can't be sure but I think is is converting the audio into MP3 quality
sound. Not so sure about the sound issue but the image cropping is a
problem - I watched "The Bourne Supremecy" and while it was fine when
I quickly checked it as an AVI in Media PLayer, the DVD recorded by
DVD Santa had chopped much of th sides off as all the "Location Title"
menus that come up are almost out of picture. I have tried all the
options in DVD Santa, including PAL vs NTSC (I live in Australia but
most of our TVs and DVD players are multi format now anyway) with no
changes.

Is there another app I should look at? I tried DVD Architect by Sony
but it is very buggy and slow, and I hate Sony. Vegas 5 is just as
bad. I would love to be able to do my recodes without the need to have
my DVD burner installed.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Adam B

You're joking, right!
Vegas and Dvd Architecht are the best apps
that I come across for converting dv to dvd.
Nothing come close in the under $1000 range.

YF