Setting up Remote Desktop Web Connection

July 1, 2004 6:53:01 AM

I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to  ort/tsweb" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://x.x.x.x:p ort/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:26:17 AM

Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to  ort/tsweb" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://x.x.x.x:p ort/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 5:49:01 AM

No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for responding

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
> If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
> K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to  ort/tsweb" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://x.x.x.x:p ort/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?

July 2, 2004 12:00:40 PM

Keith K wrote:
> No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able
> to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting
> that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for
> responding

He can't be connectingto a Win2k box using remote desktop - W2k doesn't have
that option. Was that a typo?

> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
>> If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone -
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
>> K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it
>>> partially working. On the local network or accross the internet
>>> using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to  ort/tsweb" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://x.x.x.x:p ort/tsweb and
>>> get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP
>>> address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I
>>> get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it.
>>> Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At
>>> the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box
>>> states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I
>>> access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:00:41 PM

It was 2003 server or 2000 server, i am not sure. I know it is not winXP Pro

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Keith K wrote:
> > No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able
> > to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting
> > that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for
> > responding
>
> He can't be connectingto a Win2k box using remote desktop - W2k doesn't have
> that option. Was that a typo?
>

> > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
> >> If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone -
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:10:14 PM

Keith K wrote:
> It was 2003 server or 2000 server, i am not sure. I know it is not
> winXP Pro

Ah - OK, I typed too fast anyway as there is terminal services for Win2k
server, not for workstation.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Keith K wrote:
>>> No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able
>>> to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a
>>> setting that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank
>>> you for responding
>>
>> He can't be connectingto a Win2k box using remote desktop - W2k
>> doesn't have that option. Was that a typo?

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:05:58 AM

Are you an administrator? Depending on the settings of your computer
and/or domain, you may not be able to install it without Admin
priveleges.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 01:49:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith

!