Setting up Remote Desktop Web Connection

I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to http://x.x.x.x:port/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?
6 answers Last reply
More about setting remote desktop connection

    Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
    If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
    K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to http://x.x.x.x:port/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?

    No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for responding

    Keith K wrote:
    > No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able
    > to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting
    > that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for
    > responding

    He can't be connectingto a Win2k box using remote desktop - W2k doesn't have
    that option. Was that a typo?

    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
    >> If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
    >> K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it
    >>> partially working. On the local network or accross the internet
    >>> using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to http://x.x.x.x:port/tsweb and
    >>> get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP
    >>> address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I
    >>> get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it.
    >>> Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At
    >>> the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box
    >>> states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I
    >>> access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?

    It was 2003 server or 2000 server, i am not sure. I know it is not winXP Pro

    Keith K wrote:
    > It was 2003 server or 2000 server, i am not sure. I know it is not
    > winXP Pro

    Ah - OK, I typed too fast anyway as there is terminal services for Win2k
    server, not for workstation.

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    >> Keith K wrote:
    >>> No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able
    >>> to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a
    >>> setting that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank
    >>> you for responding
    >>
    >> He can't be connectingto a Win2k box using remote desktop - W2k
    >> doesn't have that option. Was that a typo?

    Are you an administrator? Depending on the settings of your computer
    and/or domain, you may not be able to install it without Admin
    priveleges.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 01:49:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
    K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >No, I did not. A collegue of mine shares the same PC and he is able to connect to his w2k box using remote web desktop. I have a setting that is incorrect but I am not sure where to look. Thank you for responding
    >
    >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you get a popup window asking you to install an ActiveX control?
    >> If so, make sure you allow it to be installed..
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:53:01 -0700, "Keith K" <Keith
    >> K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am trying to set up my remote desktop web connection. I have it partially working. On the local network or accross the internet using a IE 6.0, I can can connect to http://x.x.x.x:port/tsweb and get the main screen. However when I use a computer name, IP address or nothing in the Server field and click on connect. I get redirected to a blank page that has a box outlined in it. Within the box there is a small paper icon with a red X in it. At the bottom left hand corner of the page on the outside of the box states "You are logged in to" Can anyone please help me so I access my PC via Remote Desktop Web Connection?

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP