linksys vpn issue

Scenario:
Home computer: Windows XP Pro SP1
Linksys WRT54G Router. Firmware Version 2.02.7 PPTP passthrough
enabled.
Comcast Cable Modem (Surfboard)
Work VPN using WatchGuard FB1000

Home Computer -> WRT54G -> Comcast Cable Modem -> Internet

From Home Computer, I am able to connect to the work VPN successfully.
After 16-17 minutes the link drops. This is consistent behavior.
When I remove the WRT54G, connect to work VPN, my tunnel does not
drop.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks..
Tony

What does Linksys tech support have to say about this?

Have you tried alternative firmware versions--either newer or older?