Remote Desktop Connection locks up

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem using Remote Desktop Connection on an XP
Pro machine. The host computer is on Verizon DSL with a linksys
router and ZoneAlarm running.

I can connect to the machine and use it without problems from my
office, and also when dialed into an isp from a hotel.

However, when I try to connect via my Moms computer or my Aunts
computer (both running XP pro on Comcast from two different houses), I
get the login prompt, am able to login and I can see the desktop load.
However, at this point it locks up - ie, any keypresses or mouse
clicks result in just a 'beep' and the click is never registered on
the host machine.

I figure it must be something with the comcast network, but I can't
imaging what the problem may be that it allows a connection, a login,
but no interaction once logged in?!?

Any help?

ThX!
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop connection locks

    There is a fix 811080 that is not exactly your problem. Possibly it is
    another manifestation of the same issue? Sorry I can't be of more help.

    "Alex Ferguson" <ajf3_net@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm having a strange problem using Remote Desktop Connection on an XP
    > Pro machine. The host computer is on Verizon DSL with a linksys
    > router and ZoneAlarm running.
    >
    > I can connect to the machine and use it without problems from my
    > office, and also when dialed into an isp from a hotel.
    >
    > However, when I try to connect via my Moms computer or my Aunts
    > computer (both running XP pro on Comcast from two different houses), I
    > get the login prompt, am able to login and I can see the desktop load.
    > However, at this point it locks up - ie, any keypresses or mouse
    > clicks result in just a 'beep' and the click is never registered on
    > the host machine.
    >
    > I figure it must be something with the comcast network, but I can't
    > imaging what the problem may be that it allows a connection, a login,
    > but no interaction once logged in?!?
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > ThX!

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Internet Service Providers Windows XP