remote desktop

after login onto https://myserver:8098 I choice maintenance then chose remote desktop I recieve the error, error connecting to server: you must enable remote desktop on the server to use the feature. However, the feature is installed and active? I can access the remote desktop while seated infront of the server but know where else intranet or internet.

If your behind a firewall/NAT/router then both TCP Port 3389 (RDP) and TCP Port 8098 (IIS), which
you apparently changed from the default, must be forwarded/opened.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"AKA Arizona" <AKA Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after login onto https://myserver:8098 I choice maintenance then chose remote desktop I recieve
> the error, error connecting to server: you must enable remote desktop on the server to use the
> feature. However, the feature is installed and active? I can access the remote desktop while
> seated infront of the server but know where else intranet or internet.

---

Also check to make sure that Windows Firewall is allowing access to
RD..

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:57:01 -0700, "AKA Arizona" <AKA
Arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>after login onto https://myserver:8098 I choice maintenance then chose remote desktop I recieve the error, error connecting to server: you must enable remote desktop on the server to use the feature. However, the feature is installed and active? I can access the remote desktop while seated infront of the server but know where else intranet or internet.

TRENDING THREADS