  • Microsoft
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
July 2, 2004 5:40:33 AM

Hi

Can I send a print job from remote desktop to my local
printer?

Dan

More about : printing remote desktop locally

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 8:26:40 AM

As long as you select printer redirection when you configure Remote Desktop you can... Go to the
"Local Resources -> Local devices" section when you open the "Options" tab on the RD connectoid...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can I send a print job from remote desktop to my local
> printer?
>
> Dan

---
July 3, 2004 7:35:49 AM

If your printer driver came as a driver on the XP installation you will be
fine with Al's suggestion.

However, if you have a newer printer, you may need to install your printer
drivers on the host computer before this option will function correctly.