What's the best video graphic card for editing?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card. I have premiere
Pro and want a good video card to compliment it. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about what video graphic card editing

    "Eastman123" wrote ...
    > Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card.
    > I have premiere Pro and want a good video card to compliment it.

    In my experience the very cheapest video card that will work in
    your computer will do just fine for video editing using Premier.

    The quality (and even speed) of the video editing has NOTHING
    to do with the video card. The video card just allows you to see
    what you are doing.

    Of course, you should use a REAL video monitor (NTSC or PAL
    depending on where you are) and NOT a computer monitor to
    view your video program, especially if you are making any
    adjustments (contrast, brightness, hue, etc.) to the footage.

    On 26 Oct 2004 21:43:46 GMT, eastman123@aol.com (Eastman123) wrote:

    >Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card. I have premiere
    >Pro and want a good video card to compliment it. Thanks
    As noted a hundered times you do not need a high end video card to do
    video editing as much as you need a large fast hard drive and a fast
    cup with lot of RAM.

    "Fast cup" ??? Sounds like something I would take to the
    tavern in the evening .... Oh, "CPU" !!! ;-)

    And yes, a decent video card (pref without a fan for noise
    when playing with voice stuff) and then spend the money on
    a fast cpu, more ram and disk space ... did I mention more
    disk space ?? Can't have enough disk space ...

    mikey

    "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > On 26 Oct 2004 21:43:46 GMT, eastman123@aol.com (Eastman123) wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card. I have
    premiere
    > >Pro and want a good video card to compliment it. Thanks
    > As noted a hundered times you do not need a high end video card to do
    > video editing as much as you need a large fast hard drive and a fast
    > cup with lot of RAM.

Tuner Cards Video Graphics Cards Graphics