What's the best video graphic card for editing?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2004 1:43:46 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card. I have premiere
Pro and want a good video card to compliment it. Thanks
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2004 3:10:28 AM

"Eastman123" wrote ...
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card.
> I have premiere Pro and want a good video card to compliment it.

In my experience the very cheapest video card that will work in
your computer will do just fine for video editing using Premier.

The quality (and even speed) of the video editing has NOTHING
to do with the video card. The video card just allows you to see
what you are doing.

Of course, you should use a REAL video monitor (NTSC or PAL
depending on where you are) and NOT a computer monitor to
view your video program, especially if you are making any
adjustments (contrast, brightness, hue, etc.) to the footage.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2004 4:37:03 AM

On 26 Oct 2004 21:43:46 GMT, eastman123@aol.com (Eastman123) wrote:

>Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good video card. I have premiere
>Pro and want a good video card to compliment it. Thanks
As noted a hundered times you do not need a high end video card to do
video editing as much as you need a large fast hard drive and a fast
cup with lot of RAM.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2004 4:48:56 AM

"Fast cup" ??? Sounds like something I would take to the
tavern in the evening .... Oh, "CPU" !!! ;-)

And yes, a decent video card (pref without a fan for noise
when playing with voice stuff) and then spend the money on
a fast cpu, more ram and disk space ... did I mention more
disk space ?? Can't have enough disk space ...

mikey

!