Wireless Network Connections through GPO

I have recently set up a wireless network. I have managed to configure my wireless settings to use "Network Authentication = WPA" and "Data Encryption = TKIP". This has been set manually. However I want to configure these settings through using Group Policy. I have read that these settings will be available when Windows 2003 server service pack 1 is released. Does anyone know how I can set up a custom ADM template in the meantime.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
thanks

If they release new ADM templates with XP SP2, they should also be
available at that time...

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q225087
for information on how to create custom ADM files.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:32:01 -0700, "Derek"
<Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have recently set up a wireless network. I have managed to configure my wireless settings to use "Network Authentication = WPA" and "Data Encryption = TKIP". This has been set manually. However I want to configure these settings through using Group Policy. I have read that these settings will be available when Windows 2003 server service pack 1 is released. Does anyone know how I can set up a custom ADM template in the meantime.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jeff,

I tried using the XP SP RC2, on my xp client. The ADM files altough they open up the Wireless settings in the Group Policy. They don't allow for the configuration settings of WPA and PKI. I have tried using a custom template, however finding the registry key settings is another journey into the unexplained. When I tried this method it completly broke the wireless settings. Error of "unable to update the wireless configuration.dAt file".

thanks
--
thanks