My wedding video experience...

ME

As many do I'm trying to save my wedding video on DVD from Hi8... the
video is very 'shaky' (bad tape) and I decided on a AverMedia Ultra TV
550 capture casd with a Time Base Corrector. Surprisingly the video
turned out quite stable BUT everything sort of changes color
periodically, mainly purple hues... Any suggestions on a different
method or card? I'm assuming a set top DVD recorder would not have
the time base corrector. Money isn't a big object, but should be
considered - I don't want to spend thousands! Thanks much!

Kevin Miller

rs

Sony Vegas Video has good color correction tools. The Vegas 5 will cost
about 500 some odd bucks, and they have a bundled Vegas+DVD for about 700
some odd bucks.

This is probably a bit high if all your wanting to do is tweak one video.
Perhaps someone can suggest a more affordble alternative.

"Me" <Pkevinf@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> As many do I'm trying to save my wedding video on DVD from Hi8... the
> video is very 'shaky' (bad tape) and I decided on a AverMedia Ultra TV
> 550 capture casd with a Time Base Corrector. Surprisingly the video
> turned out quite stable BUT everything sort of changes color
> periodically, mainly purple hues... Any suggestions on a different
> method or card? I'm assuming a set top DVD recorder would not have
> the time base corrector. Money isn't a big object, but should be
> considered - I don't want to spend thousands! Thanks much!
>

> Kevin Miller

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Me <Pkevinf@hotmail.com> wrote:

>As many do I'm trying to save my wedding video on DVD from Hi8... the
>video is very 'shaky' (bad tape) and I decided on a AverMedia Ultra TV
>550 capture casd with a Time Base Corrector. Surprisingly the video
>turned out quite stable BUT everything sort of changes color
>periodically, mainly purple hues... Any suggestions on a different
>method or card? I'm assuming a set top DVD recorder would not have
>the time base corrector. Money isn't a big object, but should be
>considered - I don't want to spend thousands! Thanks much!
>

>Kevin Miller

Time base correctors do alter colors.
You'd need to use an video editing program to correct for changes in
color.
www.dvdrhelp.com,

Regards Brian

Have you tried playing the tape in a different camera / deck? Maybe a Hi8
deck would be more forgiving to the damaged tape and give you more stable
results.

Sanman

"Me" <Pkevinf@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> As many do I'm trying to save my wedding video on DVD from Hi8... the
> video is very 'shaky' (bad tape) and I decided on a AverMedia Ultra TV
> 550 capture casd with a Time Base Corrector. Surprisingly the video
> turned out quite stable BUT everything sort of changes color
> periodically, mainly purple hues... Any suggestions on a different
> method or card? I'm assuming a set top DVD recorder would not have
> the time base corrector. Money isn't a big object, but should be
> considered - I don't want to spend thousands! Thanks much!
>

> Kevin Miller

AnthonyR

Kevin,
this is a great product to try:
http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC300/pt_advc300.asp

or a good full frame TBC like the DataVideo TBC-1000 at around $300
would help also. DVD Recorders have some stabilizing circuits and filters
inside but not as good
as a full TBC. Sound like you need to correct some bad sync pulses with are
affecting the video.
Hope this helps,
AnthonyR.