Panasonic Factory SD card versus Tiger Direct?

bill

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd,rec.video,rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Could someone please tell me why the factory price for Panasonic 1 GB
SD memory card is $499 (!!!)

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=70622&catGroupId=17171&displayTab=A&surfModel=PV-GS400&surfCategory=3CCD%20Digital%20Camcorders

yet Tiger Direct sells one which appears to be compatible for $98
bucks

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_flash.asp

Camera in question is Panasonic PV-GS400.

I can understand SOME factory price increase but 5 times?

Al

On 26 Oct 2004 22:11:43 -0700, 3726414@spamhole.com (Bill) wrote:

>Could someone please tell me why the factory price for Panasonic 1 GB
>SD memory card is $499 (!!!)
>
>http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=70622&catGroupId=17171&displayTab=A&surfModel=PV-GS400&surfCategory=3CCD%20Digital%20Camcorders
>
>yet Tiger Direct sells one which appears to be compatible for $98
>bucks
>
>http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_flash.asp
>
>Camera in question is Panasonic PV-GS400.
>
>I can understand SOME factory price increase but 5 times?

Flash memory prices have been falling like a rock. Note Panasonic
lists MSRP, the 'worst case' price. It's like anything for computers,
shopping around pays off...

Here you go, 1GB for $69:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=20-180-610&depa=1