Tablet PC unable connect via Remote Desktop to a specific PC

I am using a Toshiba Tablet PC and can connect to all
required machines via remote desktop except one, my music
server. I can connect to this same music server via
Remote Desktop from all the other machine on the network
without problem. Logon and configuration on all machines
is identical

Thanks for your help
5 answers Last reply
More about tablet unable connect remote desktop specific

    Check your subnet mask on the tablet.... :)

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:19:38 -0700, "JD Cantrell"
    <douglas@jdcantrell.com> wrote:

    >I am using a Toshiba Tablet PC and can connect to all
    >required machines via remote desktop except one, my music
    >server. I can connect to this same music server via
    >Remote Desktop from all the other machine on the network
    >without problem. Logon and configuration on all machines
    >is identical
    >
    >Thanks for your help

    Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
    settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
    the message unable to log you in Check user name and
    password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
    Thanks
    JD Cantrell

    You didn't say you made it that far... If you get to the logon
    prompt, then it may be some sort of incompatibility with keyboard
    settings (check Caps Lock, Num Lock, Country, etc)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:21:28 -0700,

    >Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
    >settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
    >the message unable to log you in Check user name and
    >password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
    >Thanks
    >JD Cantrell

    I have checked all keyboard settings all were OK.
    Remember that I can RD to this machine, using the same
    user name and password from all the other machines on the
    workgroup. Only the Tablet can't RD to that specific
    machine. The Tablet can RD into any other machine but
    that one.
    There is another posting of the same problem from Mark
    under the subject "strange things happening..."
    Trickey
    Again thank you for your time

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:21:28 -0700,
    >
    >>Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
    >>settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
    >>the message unable to log you in Check user name and
    >>password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
    >>Thanks
    >>JD Cantrell

    All is correct and this Tablet can RD to other machines
    and other Machines can RD to it. It is a single machine I
    can't get into. Here is a copy of another post list
    under "strange things are happening"

    Hi,

    Just recently I have started to experience a new problem
    with remote desktop.

    Scenario.....

    Two pc's.

    PC1 can only RD to PC2 when the account used to establish
    RD is already logged into PC2. If no account is logged
    into PC2, it will not accept an RD connection from PC1.

    What I see in the RD windows on PC1 is the login
    procedure followed immediately by the logout.

    The two machines are not members of a domain.

    What's strange is that this used to work fine. A
    colleague is now also experiencing this problem.

    Is this a function of the latest Microsoft updates?

    Regards,

    Mark

    I post last night this material but somehow it has not
    showup

    Thank you for your time
    JD Cantrell

Remote Desktop Connection Tablets Windows XP