Tablet PC unable connect via Remote Desktop to a specific PC

July 5, 2004 7:19:38 PM

I am using a Toshiba Tablet PC and can connect to all
required machines via remote desktop except one, my music
server. I can connect to this same music server via
Remote Desktop from all the other machine on the network
without problem. Logon and configuration on all machines
is identical

Thanks for your help
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 11:32:23 PM

Check your subnet mask on the tablet.... :)

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:19:38 -0700, "JD Cantrell"
<douglas@jdcantrell.com> wrote:

>I am using a Toshiba Tablet PC and can connect to all
>required machines via remote desktop except one, my music
>server. I can connect to this same music server via
>Remote Desktop from all the other machine on the network
>without problem. Logon and configuration on all machines
>is identical
>
>Thanks for your help
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 9:21:28 PM

Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
the message unable to log you in Check user name and
password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
Thanks
JD Cantrell

July 7, 2004 1:09:47 AM

You didn't say you made it that far... If you get to the logon
prompt, then it may be some sort of incompatibility with keyboard
settings (check Caps Lock, Num Lock, Country, etc)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:21:28 -0700,

>Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
>settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
>the message unable to log you in Check user name and
>password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
>Thanks
>JD Cantrell

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:09:48 AM

I have checked all keyboard settings all were OK.
Remember that I can RD to this machine, using the same
user name and password from all the other machines on the
workgroup. Only the Tablet can't RD to that specific
machine. The Tablet can RD into any other machine but
that one.
There is another posting of the same problem from Mark
under the subject "strange things happening..."
Trickey
Again thank you for your time

benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows XP Expert Zone -
>
>On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:21:28 -0700,
>
>>Thank you for your reply. I have checked all network
>>settings and all are correct. Submask etc. I still get
>>the message unable to log you in Check user name and
>>password, which are all correct. Any other ideas?
>>Thanks
>>JD Cantrell

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 12:01:43 PM

All is correct and this Tablet can RD to other machines
and other Machines can RD to it. It is a single machine I
can't get into. Here is a copy of another post list
under "strange things are happening"

Hi,

Just recently I have started to experience a new problem
with remote desktop.

Scenario.....

Two pc's.

PC1 can only RD to PC2 when the account used to establish
RD is already logged into PC2. If no account is logged
into PC2, it will not accept an RD connection from PC1.

What I see in the RD windows on PC1 is the login
procedure followed immediately by the logout.

The two machines are not members of a domain.

What's strange is that this used to work fine. A
colleague is now also experiencing this problem.

Is this a function of the latest Microsoft updates?

Regards,

Mark

I post last night this material but somehow it has not
showup

Thank you for your time
JD Cantrell

!