Enable Access to Local Drives

Tucker

I'm using RDC and choose to access local drives but they do not appear? Is there something that i am missing in the setup? The computer I'm asseccing is running XP.

Thanks,

Tucker

Is it possible the Remote Desktop host has drive redirection disabled via a Group Policy?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Tucker" <Tucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using RDC and choose to access local drives but they do not appear? Is there something that i
> am missing in the setup? The computer I'm asseccing is running XP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tucker

---

Tucker

Thanks Al,

I setup the group policy to allow drive redirection on the host. It still does not map the local drives on the remote PC. Do i also need to set this up on the remote PC since it is those drives that are being mapped?

"Sooner Al" wrote:

> Is it possible the Remote Desktop host has drive redirection disabled via a Group Policy?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Tucker" <Tucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using RDC and choose to access local drives but they do not appear? Is there something that i
> > am missing in the setup? The computer I'm asseccing is running XP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tucker
>

> ---

Try it... I have no way to test that unfortunately... Sorry I can't be of more help...

--

> Thanks Al,
>
> I setup the group policy to allow drive redirection on the host. It still does not map the local
> drives on the remote PC. Do i also need to set this up on the remote PC since it is those drives
> that are being mapped?
>
> "Sooner Al" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible the Remote Desktop host has drive redirection disabled via a Group Policy?
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "Tucker" <Tucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using RDC and choose to access local drives but they do not appear? Is there something
>> > that i
>> > am missing in the setup? The computer I'm asseccing is running XP.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Tucker

---

Tucker

Hi Al,

When i opened root console the first time using strat/run/mmc there was nothing in there. Now it is just "local computer policy". Is there anything else i need to add and configure? Terminal Services?

Thanks,

Tucker

"Sooner Al" wrote:

> Try it... I have no way to test that unfortunately... Sorry I can't be of more help...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Tucker" <Tucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Al,
> >
> > I setup the group policy to allow drive redirection on the host. It still does not map the local
> > drives on the remote PC. Do i also need to set this up on the remote PC since it is those drives
> > that are being mapped?
> >
> > "Sooner Al" wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible the Remote Desktop host has drive redirection disabled via a Group Policy?
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp
> >>
> >> --
> >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >>
> >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
> >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
> >>
> >> "Tucker" <Tucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> ---

The Group policy is set on the server side... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:04:25 -0500, "Sooner Al"
<SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote:

>Try it... I have no way to test that unfortunately... Sorry I can't be of more help...

That's the right place unless your computer is a member of a domain,
at which point you would need domain administrative priveleges...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:48:02 -0700, Tucker