error message unable to logon interactively

Hi everyone

I am having problem trying to connect to my office PC using Remote Desktop.

When I try to log in to Remote Desktop I get an error message saying I don't
have permission to log on interactively.

I have checked that the user I am trying to log in as is added to the Remote
Desktop group and they user is added to the group policy to allow connection
through terminal services (I had to do this once for Remote Desktop to work
on another machine) but it is still coming up with the error.

I have 2 other machines that Remote Desktop is working on it only appears to
tbe this machine that is having the problem. This happens weather I am
connecting directly over the network or if I try to VPN into the network
then establish the Remote Desktop connection.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

I am also having the same problem with a Tablet PC unable
to log on to a specific machine as well. My post is below
yours. I will be watching your replys as well my own
I wish us luck
JD Cantrell

Was this an upgraded Windows 2000 machine?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:48:15 +0100, "Chris Cartledge"
<enquiries@nospam.onsitemarketingsolutions.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I am having problem trying to connect to my office PC using Remote Desktop.
>
>When I try to log in to Remote Desktop I get an error message saying I don't
>have permission to log on interactively.
>
>I have checked that the user I am trying to log in as is added to the Remote
>Desktop group and they user is added to the group policy to allow connection
>through terminal services (I had to do this once for Remote Desktop to work
>on another machine) but it is still coming up with the error.
>
>I have 2 other machines that Remote Desktop is working on it only appears to
>tbe this machine that is having the problem. This happens weather I am
>connecting directly over the network or if I try to VPN into the network
>then establish the Remote Desktop connection.
>
>Anyone got any ideas?
>
>Cheers,
>Chris

Yeah it was, sorry for the delay in getting back I've been off sick the last
few days and just catching up with things now.

- Chris

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:0vmme05b68e0t47ul6ki9pj583pg4mptvt@4ax.com...
> Was this an upgraded Windows 2000 machine?
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:48:15 +0100, "Chris Cartledge"
> <enquiries@nospam.onsitemarketingsolutions.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone
> >
> >I am having problem trying to connect to my office PC using Remote
Desktop.

> >When I try to log in to Remote Desktop I get an error message saying I
don't
> >have permission to log on interactively.
> >
> >I have checked that the user I am trying to log in as is added to the
Remote
> >Desktop group and they user is added to the group policy to allow
connection
> >through terminal services (I had to do this once for Remote Desktop to
work
> >on another machine) but it is still coming up with the error.
> >
> >I have 2 other machines that Remote Desktop is working on it only appears
> >tbe this machine that is having the problem. This happens weather I am
> >connecting directly over the network or if I try to VPN into the network
> >then establish the Remote Desktop connection.
> >
> >Anyone got any ideas?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Chris

TRENDING THREADS