Strange happenings with remote desktop

July 6, 2004 7:38:30 AM

Hi,

Just recently I have started to experience a new problem
with remote desktop.

Scenario.....

Two pc's.

PC1 can only RD to PC2 when the account used to establish
RD is already logged into PC2. If no account is logged
into PC2, it will not accept an RD connection from PC1.

What I see in the RD windows on PC1 is the login
procedure followed immediately by the logout.

The two machines are not members of a domain.

What's strange is that this used to work fine. A
colleague is now also experiencing this problem.

Is this a function of the latest Microsoft updates?

Regards,

Mark.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 12:03:42 PM

Good Morning Mark
I'm having the exact same problem so I will be whatching
you replies. My query is listed below you as Tablet
unable to connect.
JD cantrell

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:04:42 AM

Good heavens, it seems there are many people experiencing
this problem recently. I've got the same problem
myself. If anyone knows anything, please let us know.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:31:20 AM

God bless Google. A quick search turned up this:

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/pid/595/qid/864...

Apparently, if the remote computer has an nVidia video
card in it, the nVidia Helper Service may be the cause of
the problem. On the remote computer, go into the
Administrative Tools->Services, and find the nVidia
Helper Service. Stop the service, go into its properties
and set the Startup to Disabled.
!