Strange happenings with remote desktop

Hi,

Just recently I have started to experience a new problem
with remote desktop.

Scenario.....

Two pc's.

PC1 can only RD to PC2 when the account used to establish
RD is already logged into PC2. If no account is logged
into PC2, it will not accept an RD connection from PC1.

What I see in the RD windows on PC1 is the login
procedure followed immediately by the logout.

The two machines are not members of a domain.

What's strange is that this used to work fine. A
colleague is now also experiencing this problem.

Is this a function of the latest Microsoft updates?

Regards,

Mark.
3 answers Last reply
More about strange happenings remote desktop

    Good Morning Mark
    I'm having the exact same problem so I will be whatching
    you replies. My query is listed below you as Tablet
    unable to connect.
    JD cantrell

    Good heavens, it seems there are many people experiencing
    this problem recently. I've got the same problem
    myself. If anyone knows anything, please let us know.

    God bless Google. A quick search turned up this:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/pid/595/qid/864759

    Apparently, if the remote computer has an nVidia video
    card in it, the nVidia Helper Service may be the cause of
    the problem. On the remote computer, go into the
    Administrative Tools->Services, and find the nVidia
    Helper Service. Stop the service, go into its properties
    and set the Startup to Disabled.

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP