Premiere Pro 1.5 & Windows Media Encoder 9.0

Hello:

I'm trying to make a small documentary using a windows application.
I'm using Windows Media Encoder (WME) to capture my footage and Adobe
Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit the footage.

My problem is after I import the .wmv clips into Premiere and then
want to export I run into several problems -- not rendering, export
files are 300x's larger than the .wmv files, can't view clips in
monitor, etc.

Is there some compatibility issue with .wmv in Premiere? Something
else? Any ways to work efficiently with WME files in Premiere?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about premiere windows media encoder

    Pablo:
    I would capture using premiere pro 1.5 as well. with this version, you
    can even capture in the background as you do other tasks. capture in
    avi, and then import the clips into a project.

    chad

    Pablo wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm trying to make a small documentary using a windows application.
    > I'm using Windows Media Encoder (WME) to capture my footage and Adobe
    > Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit the footage.
    >
    > My problem is after I import the .wmv clips into Premiere and then
    > want to export I run into several problems -- not rendering, export
    > files are 300x's larger than the .wmv files, can't view clips in
    > monitor, etc.
    >
    > Is there some compatibility issue with .wmv in Premiere? Something
    > else? Any ways to work efficiently with WME files in Premiere?
    >
    > Thanks!

Tuner Cards Graphics