Pocket PC Installation and Application Development ADOCE I..

May 23, 2004 2:38:55 AM

Pocket PC Installation and Application Development
Article Ref :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;238947

This article is realy helpful for me, but I want to add
one more thing to this article

I have Active sync 3.7.X and in article, its mention that

----------------------
open the ADOCE.STF file using Notepad.exe or a similar
text-only editor, and change the following line:

2 Windows CE Services 2.0 CustomAction "adosetup.dll,
AddAppSrch,""Required,C:\,ceappmgr.exe,2.0,3 4"""

to:

2 Windows CE Services 2.0 CustomAction "adosetup.dll,
AddAppSrch,""Required,C:\,ceappmgr.exe,3.0,3 4"""
------------------------

I tried above things, but it gave me error so I check the
version of the Active Sync and then open

ADOCE.STF file using Notepad.exe

In 2 Windows CE Services 2.0 line this file I edit end
portion after Required,C:\,ceappmgr.exe,

On place of 3.0 I put 3.7 and its working.

So if we have to put active sync version no, on place of
3.0, check active sync version no in you PC and then edit
this file with

2 Windows CE Services 2.0 CustomAction "adosetup.dll,
AddAppSrch,""Required,C:\,ceappmgr.exe,2.0,3 4"""

2 Windows CE Services 2.0 CustomAction "adosetup.dll,
AddAppSrch,""Required,C:\,ceappmgr.exe,3.7,3 4"""

In 2nd Block, you have to put version no. what ever on ur
PC, on place 3.7

Thanks
www.roseinfotech.com
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:54:59 PM

Pocket PC Application Development Complete Guide - Part 1

Correct Link ->
http://tinyurl.com/2dmoq PC Application Development Complete Guide.htm

--
vishalrajpara