XP SP2 Remote Desktop Error

July 7, 2004 5:26:01 PM

I am currently running a single PC with the beta version of XP SP2. Everything seems to be working fine except that I cannot Remote Desktop to it. As soon as the connection is opened I get an error, "The remote computer has ended the connection." However, the SP2 PC can Remote Desktop to all other PCs.

I'm not sure if this is due to SP2 or not. All PCs are on the same LAN (no firewalls, NAT, etc in the way) and I have temporarily turned off the Windows Firewall on the local PCs. Please help.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 10:29:58 PM

You need to post this to the XP SP2 beta news groups...

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently running a single PC with the beta version of XP SP2. Everything seems to be working
>fine except that I cannot Remote Desktop to it. As soon as the connection is opened I get an
>error, "The remote computer has ended the connection." However, the SP2 PC can Remote Desktop to
>all other PCs.
>
> I'm not sure if this is due to SP2 or not. All PCs are on the same LAN (no firewalls, NAT, etc in
> the way) and I have temporarily turned off the Windows Firewall on the local PCs. Please help.

---