About Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

For those of you that are going to get 1.5 pro and or thinking about it, I
want to say that it is not that hard to learn if you know how to use Adobe
After Effects, otherwise it is going to be hard to catch on. I update from
6.5 and only had 1.5 one day. I found it much better because some of the
actions are done on the time line without having to open other windows. I
especially like the new motion in 1.5, as you can use like rubber bands to
do the actions, like opacity, and others. I am not pushing Premiere to
anyone, it is just that I started with Premiere and just kept updating. I
am sure that other programs are just as good. Now I know that Premiere was
way behind other programs like Final Cut Pro, Vegas, and they needed to
catch up.

Leo
3 answers Last reply
More about about adobe premiere

    PPro 1.5 did take some relearning for me, but I did a beta test on an
    isolated system for about six months before I felt that we could do the move
    to XP and switch over to 1.5. But now that we have, I can say that working
    in 1.5 shortcuts many procedures that used to consume much time. And their
    audio filters are phenomenal too. Overall, MUCH better, faster and easier to
    use, once accustomed.
    I like little things like the fact that the thumbnail size can be adjusted
    on the timeline. This makes doing A-B roll editing MUCH easier, because the
    timeline becomes like a pair of monitors--you can see the action on both
    tracks and make your cuts accordingly instead of guessing. That alone saves
    us tremendous time. There are many things like that in PPro 1.5 that
    delight. I've personally mastered four DVDs from video that was edited in
    1.5, since we converted late last summer. It's been amazingly smooth. Being
    able to capture, edit, title, color correct, fix the audio and make the
    master MPEG files (we use CinemaCraftSP) in a matter of a few days, and get
    the master DLT ready in just a week for a DVD title is phenomenal timing. We
    could not have come close to that kind of throughput with 6.5.

    --
    Take care,

    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

    VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
    Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
    Business sites at:
    www.dv-clips.com
    www.mwcomms.com
    www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
    -

    > Take care,
    >
    > Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    >
    > VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . DVD MASTERING . AUDIO RESTORATION
    > Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
    > Business sites at:
    > www.dv-clips.com
    > www.mwcomms.com
    > www.adventuresinanimemusic.com

    Don't mean to hijack the thread but I just dropped back in here the last
    week or so and recognize your signature. Thank you _so_ much for
    recommending the Epson R200 printer last spring. I've printed over 200 DVD's
    with it without a single problem. Prints to the hub, is simple to use and
    the color prints from my digital camera are virtually indistinguishable from
    commercial prints.

    Only problem is the cost of ink, as I won't use OEM cartridges. What we've
    recently ended up doing is buying a new printer when we run out of ink. With
    a $25 USD off coupon at Staples, a new printer costs $75, which is $15
    cheaper than buying six cartridges. We give the old printer to
    family/friends because they don't mind using OEM cartridges. They spend
    $30-40 to add all six cartridges, so they have a new printer for only that
    amount. We've done that twice now.

    Again, thanks for the recommendation. That's what makes this ng so useful.

    Here's what I do with video:

    http://www.onworldsedge.com/21452.html

    > Don't mean to hijack the thread but I just dropped back in here the last
    > week or so and recognize your signature. Thank you _so_ much for
    > recommending the Epson R200 printer last spring. I've printed over 200
    DVD's
    > with it without a single problem. Prints to the hub, is simple to use and
    > the color prints from my digital camera are virtually indistinguishable
    from
    > commercial prints.

    Thank you for remembering!
    We're still using the same cartridges on our Epson R300, as they are still
    half full. Print quality on the latest batch of Samsung BeAll DVD-R white
    printable discs is phenomenal--high contrast, crisp, vibrant colors. (The
    earlier batches had that washed out, low contrast look).
    The ONLY glitch we experience is that on the first printing, after a period
    of non-use, the printer claims that the disc is not inserted properly, so
    the first disc gets repositioned and a press of the red LED maintenance
    button, and after that, subsequent discs print without error. It's
    revolutionized throughput, just as adding a much faster burner to the
    duplication center has. We can do a short run title, from raw footage to
    scores of packaged DVDs sitting in the shipping dept in about a week and a
    half. The R300 and the fast burners made that possible.

    > Only problem is the cost of ink, as I won't use OEM cartridges. What we've
    > recently ended up doing is buying a new printer when we run out of ink.
    With
    > a $25 USD off coupon at Staples, a new printer costs $75, which is $15
    > cheaper than buying six cartridges. We give the old printer to
    > family/friends because they don't mind using OEM cartridges. They spend
    > $30-40 to add all six cartridges, so they have a new printer for only that
    > amount. We've done that twice now.

    That's a novel concept. Goes to show how the marketing of printers
    works--they are a vehicle to sell ink. It is the golden egg that supports
    the goose. And yes, I have noticed the absurdity of the reality that you can
    buy a new printer for less than the cartridges. Talk about disposable
    technology. It doesn't surprise me that printer manufacturers are suing
    companies that make cloned cartridges and chips. They've a cash cow to
    protect.

    We recently ordered cartridges from Meritline, as the price was very low,
    not realizing they were not OEM, but an alternative manufacturer. But I'm
    going to be bold and try them out. One thing about the print heads being in
    the cartridge, if you make a mistake, you can always buy a new cartridge and
    get new printheads in the process. It will be interesting to see how these
    cartridges work out.

    > Again, thanks for the recommendation. That's what makes this ng so useful.

    You're welcome!

    > Here's what I do with video:
    >
    > http://www.onworldsedge.com/21452.html

    --
    Take care,

    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

    VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
    Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
    Business sites at:
    www.dv-clips.com
    www.mwcomms.com
    www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
    -

Tuner Cards Adobe Premiere Desktops Graphics