chop a video

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hey, i dont know that much about media programs or anything but i got
a vid thats like 701 mb and i want to save it onto a cd ( i dont have
a dvd burner or anything) but it wont fit. is there any program that
anyone knows of that i can get that i could just chop the vid in half
and then i could save it on two discs?

just wonderin, thanks

p.s. i dont know if this makes a difference but its a MKV file

Andre

bryan wrote:
> hey, i dont know that much about media programs or anything but i got
> a vid thats like 701 mb and i want to save it onto a cd ( i dont have
> a dvd burner or anything) but it wont fit. is there any program that
> anyone knows of that i can get that i could just chop the vid in half
> and then i could save it on two discs?
>
> just wonderin, thanks
>
> p.s. i dont know if this makes a difference but its a MKV file
If it is an mpeg file use TMPG (tmpgenc.net). If it is an avi use
virtualdub (virtualdub.org).
TMPG mpeg tools will also work after the 30 day trial has expired.
VirtualDuB is freeware.
If it is an mpeg file, it will actually fit if it is a SVCD or VCD file,
since a CD holds 800MB when you use either one of these formats (the
error correction is contained in the file).
Either way, you need to specify a little more.

Andre

--
http://www.aguntherphotography.com

One simple solution is GSplit -- freeware and will split it however
you want it and create an exe file that will re-assemble the pieces
later for you (just used it to back up some large files for a guy at
work so I could get some disk space to work in).
http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/

mikey