View of offline folder

July 9, 2004 11:52:01 AM

Offline feature of WXP is working great. But anyway one thing makes it quite useless to me: offline folder presents all the thousands of files it synchronized within a given directory structure flat (i.e. without the orignial directory structure). Thus I'm forced to remember the file name I want to edit while offline.

I could not find a way to change the view. Is there none?

Thanx in advance,
Tim

More about : view offline folder

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:08:41 AM

Just use the same mapped drive/path in Explorer that you made offline - you
should see the hierarchy properly.

Lifetec wrote:
> Offline feature of WXP is working great. But anyway one thing makes
> it quite useless to me: offline folder presents all the thousands of
> files it synchronized within a given directory structure flat (i.e.
> without the orignial directory structure). Thus I'm forced to
> remember the file name I want to edit while offline.
>
> I could not find a way to change the view. Is there none?
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Tim
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 12:48:04 PM

Ahh, I was trying to figure out what you mean. There is no mapped drive (of course) and therefore no directory structure in My Workplace when I'm not connected. But there is one in My Network Places!!! Didn't know that. Ingenious.

Thanx.

!