Logging out of Remote desktop

JerryT

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

In our office we use remote desktop extensively however occasionally someone logs out and a subsequent user goes to log in and they get a message stating that the last person is still logged in. Is there a patch or service pack that needs to be installed to resolve this issue or what do I need to tell my users to take care of the problem?

Look at the group policies on the machine to make sure they are configured to disconnect/log off RD
sessions after a certain amount of time. Go to "Start -> Run" and type gpedit.msc at the command
line. Navigate to the "Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative
Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal Services -> Sessions". Do this on the RDP host.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"JerryT" <JerryT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In our office we use remote desktop extensively however occasionally someone logs out and a
> subsequent user goes to log in and they get a message stating that the last person is still logged
> in. Is there a patch or service pack that needs to be installed to resolve this issue or what do
> I need to tell my users to take care of the problem?

---