Free video backdrops?

I got the ones from the Vegas site. Are there more free video backdrops out
there somewhere?

Thanks,

Neil R

Hal

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Neil Rutman wrote:
>> I got the ones from the Vegas site. Are there more free video
>> backdrops out there somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Neil R
>

> If you mean loops, try http://www.mainconcept.com/texture_loops.shtml
>
> Mike

You also can download 10 originals here:
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html or
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html I'll be trying to add more in the
near future with (hopefull) regular updates. There also are royalty free,
original MP3s available. They're categorized by genre and are all original
works. There are 25 available now with more to come, so stay tuned.

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

Hal wrote:

> You also can download 10 originals here:
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html or
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html I'll be trying to add more in the
> near future with (hopefull) regular updates. There also are royalty free,
> original MP3s available. They're categorized by genre and are all original
> works. There are 25 available now with more to come, so stay tuned.

Can you give me a hint where to go in that site for the backgrounds? I'm
tired of fishing around.

Gary Eickmeier

> Hal wrote:
>> You also can download 10 originals here:
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html or
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html I'll be trying to add more in
>> the near future with (hopefull) regular updates. There also are royalty
>> free, original MP3s available. They're categorized by genre and are all
>> original works. There are 25 available now with more to come, so stay
>> tuned.

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote ...
> Can you give me a hint where to go in that site for the backgrounds? I'm
> tired of fishing around.

The link on the "photo.html" page that reads...
"updated Free original MPG1 & MPG2 video textures" looks promising.

Hal

"Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> Hal wrote:
>
>> You also can download 10 originals here:
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html or
>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html I'll be trying to add more in
>> the near future with (hopefull) regular updates. There also are royalty
>> free, original MP3s available. They're categorized by genre and are all
>> original works. There are 25 available now with more to come, so stay
>> tuned.
>
> Can you give me a hint where to go in that site for the backgrounds? I'm
> tired of fishing around.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff and
Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 & MPEG2
video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background and
didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.

Regards,

http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

Hal

> "Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> You also can download 10 originals here:
>>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html or
>>> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html I'll be trying to add more in
>>> the near future with (hopefull) regular updates. There also are royalty
>>> free, original MP3s available. They're categorized by genre and are all
>>> original works. There are 25 available now with more to come, so stay
>>> tuned.
>>
>> Can you give me a hint where to go in that site for the backgrounds? I'm
>> tired of fishing around.
>>
>> Gary Eickmeier
>
> It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff and
> Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 & MPEG2
> video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background and
> didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
> http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

Actually, if wait about 30 minutes before checking, all five of the
texture/background pages will be ready. That's 50 videos (25 MPEG1 & 25
MPEG2).

Hal.

Hal wrote:

> It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff and
> Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 & MPEG2
> video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background and
> didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.

I guess I'm still out of luck. I click on the individual background
MPEG2 file, it downloads to a broken Quicktime symbol, only I don't even
know where it is downloading to...

Gary Eickmeier

> Hal wrote:
>
>> It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff and
>> Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 & MPEG2
>> video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background and
>> didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.
>
> I guess I'm still out of luck. I click on the individual background MPEG2
> file, it downloads to a broken Quicktime symbol, only I don't even know
> where it is downloading to...

Something seems wrong with your computer.
What browser are you using?
Can you normally right-click on a link and use "Save target as..."?

Unfortunately, they implemented the page with all the links as a
"pop-up" and not a conventional web page (why?) so it may be
blocked for some people with agressive pop-up blockers.

Here are the direct links for the "Cloudy" series...
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/blue_1.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/blue_2.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/gold_1.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/gold_2.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/green_1.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/green_2.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/purple_1.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/purple_2.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/rose_1.mpg
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/rose_2.mpg

Hal

> "Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Hal wrote:
>>
>>> It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff
>>> and Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 &
>>> MPEG2 video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background
>>> and didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.
>>
>> I guess I'm still out of luck. I click on the individual background MPEG2
>> file, it downloads to a broken Quicktime symbol, only I don't even know
>> where it is downloading to...
>
> Something seems wrong with your computer.
> What browser are you using?
> Can you normally right-click on a link and use "Save target as..."?
>
> Unfortunately, they implemented the page with all the links as a
> "pop-up" and not a conventional web page (why?) so it may be
> blocked for some people with agressive pop-up blockers.
>
> Here are the direct links for the "Cloudy" series...
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/blue_1.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/blue_2.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/gold_1.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/gold_2.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/green_1.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/green_2.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/purple_1.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/purple_2.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/rose_1.mpg
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo/video_files/cloudy_videos/rose_2.mpg

You do not have our permission to post or otherwise distribute these files.
Please refrain from doing so.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hal Lowe

"Hal" wrote ...
> You do not have our permission to post or otherwise distribute these
> files. Please refrain from doing so.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.

No infraction was intended. Trying to help someone else having
a problem with your HTML.

Hal

"Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> Hal wrote:
>
>> It's located near the center of the page (just below the Info & Stuff and
>> Shopping Links) Look for the link entitled "Free original MPEG 1 & MPEG2
>> video textures." (perhaps you were looking for the word background and
>> didn't see it). The MP3 link is located directly below this one.
>
> I guess I'm still out of luck. I click on the individual background MPEG2
> file, it downloads to a broken Quicktime symbol, only I don't even know
> where it is downloading to...
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Hi Gary,

Sorry you've had a problem. It's possible that your computer is having a
problem with the javascript that's opening the page. An alternate link has
been added to help you get the files. The alternate page contains links to
all the files, but doesn't include the graphics. It'll open in a standard
"new" window, but you shouldn't have any problem with this.

If you're still unable to view and/or download the files, then it's probably
something wrong with your configuration or computer.

Please don't try downloading the "Cloudy" series. They temporarily been
disabled. All of the other should work. The disabled files will be made
available again later (see my other post).

Let me know how you make out with the alternate configuration.

Hal wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Sorry you've had a problem. It's possible that your computer is having a
> problem with the javascript that's opening the page. An alternate link has
> been added to help you get the files. The alternate page contains links to
> all the files, but doesn't include the graphics. It'll open in a standard
> "new" window, but you shouldn't have any problem with this.
>
> If you're still unable to view and/or download the files, then it's probably
> something wrong with your configuration or computer.
>
> Please don't try downloading the "Cloudy" series. They temporarily been
> disabled. All of the other should work. The disabled files will be made
> available again later (see my other post).
>
> Let me know how you make out with the alternate configuration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal Lowe

Thanks. I finally got it by right clicking the MPEG2 link. Doesn't work
by single clicking on it.

> Hal wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Sorry you've had a problem. It's possible that your computer is having a
>> problem with the javascript that's opening the page. An alternate link
>> has been added to help you get the files. The alternate page contains
>> links to all the files, but doesn't include the graphics. It'll open in
>> a standard "new" window, but you shouldn't have any problem with this.
>>
>> If you're still unable to view and/or download the files, then it's
>> probably something wrong with your configuration or computer.
>>
>> Please don't try downloading the "Cloudy" series. They temporarily been
>> disabled. All of the other should work. The disabled files will be made
>> available again later (see my other post).
>>
>> Let me know how you make out with the alternate configuration.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hal Lowe
>
> Thanks. I finally got it by right clicking the MPEG2 link. Doesn't work by
> single clicking on it.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Hi Gary,

I'm glad you were able to get them. If you single click on an MPEG2 file,
you need to have a default player capable of playing them. Otherwise, it's
better to download them and open them up using an MPEG2 capable player. Do
have a question for you though.

Were you able to download them from the original pages or did you use the
altnernate page described above? If you haven't tried, I'd appreciate it if
you would. Please let me know how it goes. The original pages should work
find; and, in the future you'll be able to see the graphics to help you
decide if your interested in them.

Thank you.

Hal.

Hal wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I'm glad you were able to get them. If you single click on an MPEG2 file,
> you need to have a default player capable of playing them. Otherwise, it's
> better to download them and open them up using an MPEG2 capable player. Do
> have a question for you though.
>
> Were you able to download them from the original pages or did you use the
> altnernate page described above? If you haven't tried, I'd appreciate it if
> you would. Please let me know how it goes. The original pages should work
> find; and, in the future you'll be able to see the graphics to help you
> decide if your interested in them.

It's getting kind of confusing which pages are which any more. But I
went up to the post that had all of the Cloudy series linked, and I got
every other one to come in. The rest gave a broken Quicktime symbol.

> Hal wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I'm glad you were able to get them. If you single click on an MPEG2
>> file, you need to have a default player capable of playing them.
>> Otherwise, it's better to download them and open them up using an MPEG2
>> capable player. Do have a question for you though.
>>
>> Were you able to download them from the original pages or did you use the
>> altnernate page described above? If you haven't tried, I'd appreciate it
>> if you would. Please let me know how it goes. The original pages should
>> work find; and, in the future you'll be able to see the graphics to help
>> you decide if your interested in them.
>
> It's getting kind of confusing which pages are which any more. But I went
> up to the post that had all of the Cloudy series linked, and I got every
> other one to come in. The rest gave a broken Quicktime symbol.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to have
problems.

I've received dozens of e-mails from folks who have successfully watched
and/or downloaded the files (they e-mailed to say thanks actually). None of
them reported the problems you're having.

It's possible that you have Quicktime as your default web viewer (this can
happen upon installation). If don't have the "Pro" version, it won't show
MPEG files, which would explain your error message. You should be able to
change the default web viewer, so that this doesn't occur.

Regards,

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

Hal

Gary,

Forgot to mention in the other post. You don't need to left click on the
files at all. Just right click them, click on "save target as" and download
them to your computer. Then, you can view them locally. Just delete the
ones you don't want/like and keep the ones you.

Hal.