Ulead moviefactory and superimposing text

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.ulead,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I downloaded the trial version of Moviefactory 3 and have been playing
with it.
I wanted to superimpose text over some scenes ( Enhance Video with
text in Moviefactory ).
While authoring a DVD that is otherwise 2.7 GB, I found that the size
increased to 6.8 GB, when I placed text over just 10 scenes. And each
of these texts were just one or 2 words. Obviously the resulting DVD
was not burnable on a 4.7 media.

I see absolutely no reason why the size should increase by 4 GB for 20
words of text.
Am I doing something wrong.
Is this known otherwise.

Thanks a lot for reading.
--nw

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.ulead,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I don't know why it does that, but I would never recommend using a DVD
authoring program as a video editing program. Create your videos in a video
editing program and produce the MPGs from that,...then use the DVD authoring
program to create the DVD from the MPGs previously created.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com