Will Remote Desktop support 1900x1200 resolution?

I have an LCD monitor at home with a native resolution of 1900x1200,
and a new Dell laptop at work that also has a native resolution of
1900x1200. However, the maximum resolution I can get when I connect
to my home desktop from the laptop is 1600x1200. Is there anything I
can do to get the full screen using RDP?
5 answers Last reply
More about will remote desktop support 1900x1200 resolution

    Not with the current version of RDP, unfortunately...

    :(

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On 9 Jul 2004 12:44:05 -0700, don_t_bother@excite.com (David M) wrote:

    >I have an LCD monitor at home with a native resolution of 1900x1200,
    >and a new Dell laptop at work that also has a native resolution of
    >1900x1200. However, the maximum resolution I can get when I connect
    >to my home desktop from the laptop is 1600x1200. Is there anything I
    >can do to get the full screen using RDP?

    Suppose there is a version able to do so in the future , how many
    bandwidth does it need ?

    --

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
    ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:aepue050tcrok93l3r3cndu5ho8dtjvn4t@4ax.com...

    wrote:

    > >I have an LCD monitor at home with a native resolution of
    1900x1200,
    > >and a new Dell laptop at work that also has a native resolution of
    > >1900x1200. However, the maximum resolution I can get when I
    connect
    > >to my home desktop from the laptop is 1600x1200. Is there anything
    > >can do to get the full screen using RDP?

    Can anyone here answer the questions: will some future version of RDP
    support resolutions greater than 1600x1200? If so, will "widescreen"
    resolutions, such as my 1920x1200 be supported? Is there any guess
    when this future version will be released? ... perhaps with XP SP2?

    Thanks again,
    David

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote in message news:<aepue050tcrok93l3r3cndu5ho8dtjvn4t@4ax.com>...
    > Not with the current version of RDP, unfortunately...
    >
    > :(
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On 9 Jul 2004 12:44:05 -0700, don_t_bother@excite.com (David M) wrote:
    >
    > >I have an LCD monitor at home with a native resolution of 1900x1200,
    > >and a new Dell laptop at work that also has a native resolution of
    > >1900x1200. However, the maximum resolution I can get when I connect
    > >to my home desktop from the laptop is 1600x1200. Is there anything I
    > >can do to get the full screen using RDP?

    No one who doesn't have a MS besides their name can give an answer to
    that one...

    The best way to let MS know that you want this feature is to either
    email mswish@microsoft.com or go to http://www.microsoft.com/mswish

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On 11 Jul 2004 08:40:35 -0700, don_t_bother@excite.com (David M)
    wrote:

    >Can anyone here answer the questions: will some future version of RDP
    >support resolutions greater than 1600x1200? If so, will "widescreen"
    >resolutions, such as my 1920x1200 be supported? Is there any guess
    >when this future version will be released? ... perhaps with XP SP2?
    >
    >Thanks again,
    >David
    >
    >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote in message news:<aepue050tcrok93l3r3cndu5ho8dtjvn4t@4ax.com>...
    >> Not with the current version of RDP, unfortunately...
    >>
    >> :(
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On 9 Jul 2004 12:44:05 -0700, don_t_bother@excite.com (David M) wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have an LCD monitor at home with a native resolution of 1900x1200,
    >> >and a new Dell laptop at work that also has a native resolution of
    >> >1900x1200. However, the maximum resolution I can get when I connect
    >> >to my home desktop from the laptop is 1600x1200. Is there anything I
    >> >can do to get the full screen using RDP?

    It shouldn't require that much more bandwidth.. But until we see
    this addition, it will be hard to say anything definatively.

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:46:07 +0800, "Fortress" <f@f.co> wrote:

    >Suppose there is a version able to do so in the future , how many
    >bandwidth does it need ?

Remote Desktop Laptops Resolution Windows XP