mpeg-2 in Adobe premiere 1.5

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
file for?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:46 GMT, "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net>
wrote:
>I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
>MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
>m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
>MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
>file for?

If you don't get an answer here, you might try the P-Pro forum
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

AnthonyR

"John Thomas Smith" <jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:46 GMT, "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>>I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
>>MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
>>m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
>>MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
>>file for?
>
> If you don't get an answer here, you might try the P-Pro forum
> http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf
>

> John Thomas Smith
> http://www.direct2usales.com
> http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Hi John,
Sometimes a rewording is all that is needed. :)
The way you answered this post comes off much more helpful by saying "if you
don't get an answer here, you might also try the P-Pro group".
I had found your comments in the past as annoying when they strictly sounded
as you were sending people away and they almost sounded excluding and non
welcoming to me.
But the way you phrased this is more than acceptable.
In fact, I would say, HELPFUL.

Thanks John,

AnthonyR.

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I resolved my issue by taking off this file m2v. xmpses, and just using
the wav and m2v file....thanks all

"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
>MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
>m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
>MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
>file for?

I haven't been following this thread, so my comment might be
irrelevant and totally off the mark. But it sounds like you haven't
turned multiplexing on so that the video and audio are encoded to one
file.

John

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:21:44 -0800, John Thomas Smith
<jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:46 GMT, "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>>I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
>>MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
>>m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
>>MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
>>file for?
>
>If you don't get an answer here, you might try the P-Pro forum
>http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf
>

>John Thomas Smith
>http://www.direct2usales.com
>http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

jt

"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I resolved my issue by taking off this file m2v. xmpses, and just using
>the wav and m2v file....thanks all
>
>"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I am having a bit of trouble encoding for DVD in Premiere 1.5 pro. I used
>>MPEG-2 DVD and get a three files, (in premiere 6.5, I only got two files
>>m2v and the wav file) and they worked. The three files get when I use
>>MPEG-2 DVD are: m2v, wav....and an extra file m2v. xmpses, what is this
>>file for?

Yeah, I ignored it out of ignorance and that seems fine, but it would
be nice if someone volunteered what it's for. It seems odd that the
question would get a bunch of bickering and not a simple answer.

Also, I leave video and audio separate and let the authoring program
combine them. Is there an advantage to letting Premiere do that?

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD