Can't Remote Desktop Into 1 of 2 Computers on LAN

I have two computers on a LAN (192.168.0.100 - Windows 2000 Server &
192.168.0.125 - WinXP Professional). I have a D-LINK DI-624 router. I
created a DynDNS account and linked my router to it, so that I can
access my computers via a domain: x.gotdns.com.

Within my router, I setup the following Virtual Server rules for
Remote Desktop:

Win2K Server Computer / 192.168.0.100 TCP 3389/1975 always
WinXP Computer / 192.168.0.125 TCP 3389/3389 always

I can successfully access Computer 1 via Remote Desktop using
x.gotdns.com:1975, but, when I try to access the WinXP computer
through x.gotdns.com, I get a "could not connect error." I did
configure my WinXP computer to accept Remote Desktop connections via
the System settings. Is there anything else I need to do in order to
remote desktop into my WinXP machine? Any help would be appreciated.

Look at this page for help accessing multiple sessions (Remote Desktop/TS) behind a
firewall/NAT/router...

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

Router forwarding help...

http://www.portforward.com/dlink/di-624.htm

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"JStrummer" <google-usenet@jstrummer.e4ward.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers on a LAN (192.168.0.100 - Windows 2000 Server &
> 192.168.0.125 - WinXP Professional). I have a D-LINK DI-624 router. I
> created a DynDNS account and linked my router to it, so that I can
> access my computers via a domain: x.gotdns.com.
>
> Within my router, I setup the following Virtual Server rules for
> Remote Desktop:
>
> Win2K Server Computer / 192.168.0.100 TCP 3389/1975 always
> WinXP Computer / 192.168.0.125 TCP 3389/3389 always
>
> I can successfully access Computer 1 via Remote Desktop using
> x.gotdns.com:1975, but, when I try to access the WinXP computer
> through x.gotdns.com, I get a "could not connect error." I did
> configure my WinXP computer to accept Remote Desktop connections via
> the System settings. Is there anything else I need to do in order to
> remote desktop into my WinXP machine? Any help would be appreciated.

---

I acutally had already consulted the latter link and followed teh
instructions under "Configuring the Dlink DI-624 via Web Interface for
port forwarding," but couldn't get it to work. The former link's
section on "Configuring the Dlink DI-624 via Web Interface for port
forwarding" seems along the same lines, and I did confirm that I have
UPnP enabled. I don't have ICF running, but I do have ZoneAlarm
running as a software firewall. Do I have to configure anything with
that? Does Remote Desktop have to be designated to act as a server?
I've included again my DI-624 settings, this time with headings, for
clarity. I believe that I followed the instructions properly--what am
I missing?
Name Private IP Protocol Priv/Pub Schedule
Win2K Server Computer 192.168.0.100 TCP 3389/1975 always
WinXP Computer 192.168.0.125 TCP 3389/3389 always

PS: Is it possible to test a Remote Desktop connection on the same
computer? In other words, is it possible to have a session within a
session? Alternatively, I already access the 2nd computer on the LAN
by Remote Desktop. Could I Remote Desktop back to the 1st from the
session of the 2nd? I wasn't sure if this was something I had to test
externally, given my current setup.

Update: I turned off Zone Alarm and was able to connect. I am only
running the free version, so I don't have access to create custom
firewall zones to cover only this port. As a result, I lowered
Internet Zone Security to Medium, and I was able to Remote Desktop in
without a problem. Now, should I be worried about keeping this Medium
setting indefinitely? I do have the DI-624 hardware firewall running
at all times, so would I still be adequately protected?