Cannot print to local machine through remote desktop

Hi

I set up my remote desktop to allow me to view HDD's,
serial ports and printers - the first two work ok but I
still cannot print to a local printer. I can see all my
network printers. i cannot install the local printer as
add printer only gives me the option to choose a network
printer in RD.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance

Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot print local machine remote desktop

    See if the following article helps with your issue...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302361

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:01:13 -0700, "Dan"

    >Hi
    >
    >I set up my remote desktop to allow me to view HDD's,
    >serial ports and printers - the first two work ok but I
    >still cannot print to a local printer. I can see all my
    >network printers. i cannot install the local printer as
    >add printer only gives me the option to choose a network
    >printer in RD.
    >
    >Is there something else I should be doing?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Dan

Remote Desktop Printers Windows XP