XP and Two domains

Dear All

I have an XP computer that travels and I need the user to be able to
log in to this offices domain and into the remote office domain. It
was a member of the remote office and then I added it to this office
domain, all was well. I thought it was like the old NT that at the
start I would get drop down list of all the domains i could log into
but it has kept only the most recent. Is there a reason for this or a
solution? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

Niall

One solution is Netswitcher...

http://www.netswitcher.com

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"niall" <niall.maguire@oceanfree.net> wrote in message
> Dear All
>
> I have an XP computer that travels and I need the user to be able to
> log in to this offices domain and into the remote office domain. It
> was a member of the remote office and then I added it to this office
> domain, all was well. I thought it was like the old NT that at the
> start I would get drop down list of all the domains i could log into
> but it has kept only the most recent. Is there a reason for this or a
> solution? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
>
> Niall

---

niall wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have an XP computer that travels and I need the user to be able to
> log in to this offices domain and into the remote office domain. It
> was a member of the remote office and then I added it to this office
> domain, all was well. I thought it was like the old NT that at the
> start I would get drop down list of all the domains i could log into
> but it has kept only the most recent.

You'd only have seen that on NT (or any version) if there was a trust
between domains. The setup has been the same since NT came out.

> Is there a reason for this or a
> solution? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

Does he actually *need* to belong to two domains & maintain two separate
profiles? Why not just have him log in with cached credentials to the domain
his computer belongs to, and then access resources on the other network by
providing the appropriate credentials? As in,

net use x: \\server\share /user:OtherDomain\username

> Niall

You can't be a "member" of two domains, but you can access resources
on multiple domains without being a member of it (like what Lanwench
said).

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On 12 Jul 2004 03:55:26 -0700, niall.maguire@oceanfree.net (niall)
wrote:

>Dear All
>
>I have an XP computer that travels and I need the user to be able to
>log in to this offices domain and into the remote office domain. It
>was a member of the remote office and then I added it to this office
>domain, all was well. I thought it was like the old NT that at the
>start I would get drop down list of all the domains i could log into
>but it has kept only the most recent. Is there a reason for this or a
>solution? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
>
>Niall

Check-out "Plug and Browse" at
http://www.interactive-studios.net/products/plugbrowse.htm. It allows
you to store multiple network configurations and switch between them
as needed. The program can store network connection settings, computer
name and domain, Internet Explorer, etc.