remote access on win xp pro

hi,

is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?

regards

alex
5 answers Last reply
More about remote access

    You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
    remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
    (but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
    <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >alex

    how would i setup remote access for one user on an xp pro machine, does if have a terminal services function. as i would like a colluge to work in the background, whilst a user is sitting at the terminal physically.

    thanks

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
    > remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
    > (but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
    > <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >hi,
    > >
    > >is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
    > >
    > >regards
    > >
    > >alex

    More then one user can't use an XP pro machine simultaneously. You can
    upgrade the machine to Windows Server 2003 Standard server for this
    facility.

    With VPN, the user will have network access to the computer and the private
    network behind it.

    --
    Thanks
    Chetan

    "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > how would i setup remote access for one user on an xp pro machine, does if
    > have a terminal services function. as i would like a colluge to work in
    > the background, whilst a user is sitting at the terminal physically.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
    >> remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
    >> (but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
    >> <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >hi,
    >> >
    >> >is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp
    >> >pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
    >> >
    >> >regards
    >> >
    >> >alex

    Can't this be hacked somehow in registry? Surely there's a setting somewhere
    that says "1" that could be changed to "5" or so.
    I'm looking at implementing secure authenticated file sharing though XP VPN
    and would like to have up to about 5 users connected. I was actually
    considering XP rather than an open linux PPTP server since it would be so
    much easier to initialy setup. Can somebody (probably not one of the
    official folks) help Alex and I out with a tweak they've found?

    "Alex" wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > alex

    Nothing has been documented for this.. The easiest solution in this
    case is to use a VPN router...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:45:03 -0700, "jburdick"
    <jburdick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Can't this be hacked somehow in registry? Surely there's a setting somewhere
    >that says "1" that could be changed to "5" or so.
    >I'm looking at implementing secure authenticated file sharing though XP VPN
    >and would like to have up to about 5 users connected. I was actually
    >considering XP rather than an open linux PPTP server since it would be so
    >much easier to initialy setup. Can somebody (probably not one of the
    >official folks) help Alex and I out with a tweak they've found?
    >

    >"Alex" wrote:
    >
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> alex

Remote Access Microsoft Windows XP