remote access on win xp pro

alex

hi,

is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?

regards

alex

You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
(but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
<Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
>
>regards
>
>alex

alex

how would i setup remote access for one user on an xp pro machine, does if have a terminal services function. as i would like a colluge to work in the background, whilst a user is sitting at the terminal physically.

thanks

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
> remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
> (but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
> <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> >is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
> >
> >regards
> >
> >alex

More then one user can't use an XP pro machine simultaneously. You can
upgrade the machine to Windows Server 2003 Standard server for this
facility.

With VPN, the user will have network access to the computer and the private
network behind it.

--
Thanks
Chetan

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how would i setup remote access for one user on an xp pro machine, does if
> have a terminal services function. as i would like a colluge to work in
> the background, whilst a user is sitting at the terminal physically.
>
> thanks
>
> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> You can have one interactive user connect to either the console or
>> remote desktop and also have a second "single" user connect to a VPN
>> (but you would only have file and print server access via the VPN).
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:33:05 -0700, "Alex"
>> <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >hi,
>> >
>> >is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp
>> >pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
>> >
>> >regards
>> >
>> >alex

Can't this be hacked somehow in registry? Surely there's a setting somewhere
that says "1" that could be changed to "5" or so.
I'm looking at implementing secure authenticated file sharing though XP VPN
and would like to have up to about 5 users connected. I was actually
considering XP rather than an open linux PPTP server since it would be so
much easier to initialy setup. Can somebody (probably not one of the
official folks) help Alex and I out with a tweak they've found?

"Alex" wrote:

> hi,
>
> is it possible for more than one user to work remotly on a windows xp pro machine, like using terminal services, or vpn?
>
> regards
>
> alex

Nothing has been documented for this.. The easiest solution in this
case is to use a VPN router...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com