Disallowing ad hoc networks

I have a network with 50 Tablet PC's. Some of the users have turned on
an ad hoc network and I would like to find a way to turn it off and
prevent them from turning it back on. Is there a way I can do this
with a registry setting, command line, or vb script?

The users need to have wireless networking enabled, I just don't want
them to be able to create an ad hoc network.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about disallowing networks

    Support was added to Windows XP Service Pack 1 for Group Policy on 802.1x.
    If your machines are members of a Windows Domain you can set this using
    Active Directory Group Policy.

    See the following Cable Guy article

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0703.mspx

    Craig Clark
    Windows Networking

    purposes only.

    "Ken Bramlette" <bravesman95.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have a network with 50 Tablet PC's. Some of the users have turned on
    > an ad hoc network and I would like to find a way to turn it off and
    > prevent them from turning it back on. Is there a way I can do this
    > with a registry setting, command line, or vb script?
    >
    > The users need to have wireless networking enabled, I just don't want
    > them to be able to create an ad hoc network.
    >
    > Thanks

Wireless Networking Wireless Networking