Firewire & capture card questions.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video capture card for me. I
have a sony DCR-HC18E (PAL) Video camera. Also I am wondering if the DV-OUT
port on my camera is a FireWire port. My Computer is an AMD 2200+ based
machine with 512Mb DDR, and a 80gb H/D (For system files) and a 120Gb
(7200rpm) dedicated for video.
I recently bought Pinnacle System's Studio 9, only to discover that I cannot
capture using this program using USB, so now have to consider a Video
capture card.
Any help would be great guys, thank you very much.

Brian.

"Brian" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:cm0lbl$rto$1@kermit.esat.net...
> Hi, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video capture card for me. I
> have a sony DCR-HC18E (PAL) Video camera. Also I am wondering if the
> DV-OUT port on my camera is a FireWire port. My Computer is an AMD 2200+
> based machine with 512Mb DDR, and a 80gb H/D (For system files) and a
> 120Gb (7200rpm) dedicated for video.
> I recently bought Pinnacle System's Studio 9, only to discover that I
> cannot capture using this program using USB, so now have to consider a
> Video capture card.
> Any help would be great guys, thank you very much.
>
> Brian.

Your iLink port on your camera IS a firewire port. All you need is an
inexpensive firewire card for your PC. Around $30 - 60 US.