Two connections via remote desktop

Does windows xp allow two connections via remote desktop (similar to
terminal services on Win2k Server)? I haven't found any information saying
it does/doesn't.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about connections remote desktop

    No. Only one connection at a time whether it is a local connection or a
    remote connection.

    Good Luck,
    -Ryan

    "Mike Plagge" <mwplagge@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Does windows xp allow two connections via remote desktop (similar to
    > terminal services on Win2k Server)? I haven't found any information
    saying
    > it does/doesn't.
    > Thanks.

    Yes this is possible in Windows XP SP2 build 2149

    key
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core
    DWORD
    EnableConcurrentSessions=1
    MaxInstanceCount=2

    Use TERMSRV.DLL of build 2055. Replace all the files in your Windows-folder
    (use Search function).

    Keep in mind the final release of XP SP2 will *NOT* support concurrent connections. Build 2149 is a
    beta release and as such is not supported by Microsoft and should *NOT* be used in a production
    environment...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "wvp" <wvp@gmx.at> wrote in message news:uwshFRccEHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > "Mike Plagge" <mwplagge@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    >> Does windows xp allow two connections via remote desktop (similar to
    >> terminal services on Win2k Server)? I haven't found any information
    > saying
    >> it does/doesn't.
    >> Thanks.
    >
    > Yes this is possible in Windows XP SP2 build 2149
    >
    > key
    > HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core
    > DWORD
    > EnableConcurrentSessions=1
    > MaxInstanceCount=2
    >
    > Use TERMSRV.DLL of build 2055. Replace all the files in your Windows-folder
    > (use Search function).

Remote Desktop Terminal Windows XP Microsoft Servers