Two connections via remote desktop

Does windows xp allow two connections via remote desktop (similar to
terminal services on Win2k Server)? I haven't found any information saying
it does/doesn't.
Thanks.

No. Only one connection at a time whether it is a local connection or a
remote connection.

Good Luck,
-Ryan

"Mike Plagge" <mwplagge@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Does windows xp allow two connections via remote desktop (similar to
> terminal services on Win2k Server)? I haven't found any information
saying
> it does/doesn't.
> Thanks.

Yes this is possible in Windows XP SP2 build 2149

key
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core
DWORD
EnableConcurrentSessions=1
MaxInstanceCount=2

Use TERMSRV.DLL of build 2055. Replace all the files in your Windows-folder
(use Search function).

Keep in mind the final release of XP SP2 will *NOT* support concurrent connections. Build 2149 is a
beta release and as such is not supported by Microsoft and should *NOT* be used in a production
environment...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)