Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't connect to an XP Pro

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 12, 2004 11:53:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

More about : connect pro

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 3:04:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
error did you get?



--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights


"KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 1C775FD-B313-41D5-A485-A3BB88E95ECA@microsoft.com...
> I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
July 13, 2004 11:19:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I installed windows xp with sp1, apply roll up pack, and install other patches that up to march/april of 2004. And I'd changed the RD port, that's it.

"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" wrote:

> Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
> error did you get?
>
>
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
>
> "KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 1C775FD-B313-41D5-A485-A3BB88E95ECA@microsoft.com...
> > I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
> not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
> updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
> march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
>
>
>
Related resources
July 13, 2004 11:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I don't get such situation before I apply the roll up patches. That means it's fine at the point with SP1 only.

"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" wrote:

> Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
> error did you get?
>
>
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
>
> "KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 1C775FD-B313-41D5-A485-A3BB88E95ECA@microsoft.com...
> > I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
> not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
> updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
> march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 12:10:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

What is your Fast User Switching option (located under Control Panel
-> User Accounts -> Change how the user logs on this computer)

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:02 -0700, "KK"
<KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
July 14, 2004 12:10:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

It is Enabled. Is this the reason?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> What is your Fast User Switching option (located under Control Panel
> -> User Accounts -> Change how the user logs on this computer)
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> be answered depending on time availability....
>
> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:02 -0700, "KK"
> <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
>
>
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 12:20:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Just over a year ago, there were many reports of this issue in this
newsgroup (and other forums). Almost all had FUS enabled...

If you don't need the functionality of FUS, try disabling it
(temporarily) to see if it can rectify the issue. This would just be
a workaround, though..

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:16:03 -0700, "KK"
<KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It is Enabled. Is this the reason?
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What is your Fast User Switching option (located under Control Panel
>> -> User Accounts -> Change how the user logs on this computer)
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:02 -0700, "KK"
>> <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.
>>
>>
!