End of Daylight Time in US: Have you changed your camera c..

Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
correct time.

Other clocks to consider:

Kitchen Stove - Answering Machine - Still Camera - Video Camera
VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX Machine
Central Air Conditioning - GPS

Gary

P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
have it here!

--
Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net>
Visit my Midway Island home page at http://gbe.dynip.com/Midway

    How about Zulu time ?

    Dave ;-)

    "Gary Edstrom" <gedstrom@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    | For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
    | remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
    | correct time.
    |
    | Other clocks to consider:
    |
    | Kitchen Stove - Answering Machine - Still Camera - Video Camera
    | VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX Machine
    | Central Air Conditioning - GPS
    |
    | Gary
    |
    | P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    | never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    | convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    | now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    | have it here!
    |
    | --
    | Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net>
    | Visit my Midway Island home page at http://gbe.dynip.com/Midway
    | When I make a mistake, I will repeat it several times so people
    | will think I did it on purpose.
    | The above tagline is number 471 in a series of 547. Collect them all!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> writes:
    > P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    > never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    > convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    > now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    > have it here!

    I haven't really decided what to do about this. Daylight savings time
    is less of an issue than travel between time zones. I keep forgetting
    to reset the camcorder when I do that.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    On 31 Oct 2004 19:48:50 -0800, Paul Rubin
    <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

    >Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> writes:
    >> P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    >> never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    >> convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    >> now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    >> have it here!
    >
    >I haven't really decided what to do about this. Daylight savings time
    >is less of an issue than travel between time zones. I keep forgetting
    >to reset the camcorder when I do that.

    Its not Daylight Savings time, its Daylight Saving time.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    In rec.video Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
    > remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
    > correct time.

    I suspected this last year when someone (you?) posted this reminder, but
    confirmed it tonight: my Sony VX2000 automatically adjusted its clock for
    daylight savings.

    So did my VCR, which surprised me, since it's supposed to pull the time
    signals automatically from public-broadcast channels on cable (like PBS).
    What's so special about that? It's not connected to cable TV...
  5. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    GT40 wrote:
    []
    > Its not Daylight Savings time, its Daylight Saving time.

    If it was "savings" perhaps it would attract an interest rate?

    David
  6. Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    I guess that will not change.

    > How about Zulu time ?
    >
    > Dave ;-)
    >

    > "Gary Edstrom" <gedstrom@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > | For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
    > | remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
    > | correct time.
    > |
    > | Other clocks to consider:
    > |
    > | Kitchen Stove - Answering Machine - Still Camera - Video Camera
    > | VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX Machine
    > | Central Air Conditioning - GPS
    > |
    > | Gary
    > |
    > | P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    > | never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    > | convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    > | now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    > | have it here!
    > |
    > | --
    > | Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net>
    > | Visit my Midway Island home page at http://gbe.dynip.com/Midway
    > | When I make a mistake, I will repeat it several times so people
    > | will think I did it on purpose.
    > | The above tagline is number 471 in a series of 547. Collect them all!

    > How about Zulu time ?
    >
    > Dave ;-)

    Of course if you were one of us who actually used Zulu time,
    you would know that it is GMT.

    Luck;
    Ken
    ASA Forever!!

    In article <41867f3d$0$9124$a32e20b9@news.nntpservers.com>, Ken Maltby says...

    >"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >> How about Zulu time ?
    >>
    >> Dave ;-)
    >
    > Of course if you were one of us who actually used Zulu time,
    >you would know that it is GMT.

    And if you really used Zulu-time, you would know that the only
    correct name nowadays is UTC.

    cheers

    -martin-

    --
    My e-mail address is a frequently changing random one to pollute spammer's
    databases. I all encourage you to do the same :)

    I keep mine on GMT.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Daylight savings time, as it was once explained to me, happens so commuters
    in the morning are driving at a time when there is light. More light=better
    vision= less crashes. Of course there are the poor folks who get to drive
    East into the rising sun! So there, a somewhat logical reason (not dure if
    it is true! lol).
    be safe
  11. Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    More than I ever needed to know about DST,..
    http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html
    WAY MORE ! !

    "Gary Edstrom" <gedstrom@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
    > remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
    > correct time.
    >
    > Other clocks to consider:
    >
    > Kitchen Stove - Answering Machine - Still Camera - Video Camera
    > VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX Machine
    > Central Air Conditioning - GPS
    >
    > Gary
    >
    > P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    > never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    > convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    > now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    > have it here!
    >
    > --
    > Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net>
    > Visit my Midway Island home page at http://gbe.dynip.com/Midway
    > When I make a mistake, I will repeat it several times so people
    > will think I did it on purpose.
    > The above tagline is number 471 in a series of 547. Collect them all!
  12. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    "GT40" <me@mine.us> wrote in message
    > On 31 Oct 2004 19:48:50 -0800, Paul Rubin
    > <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> writes:
    > >> P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    > >> never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    > >> convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    > >> now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do?
    We
    > >> have it here!
    > >
    > >I haven't really decided what to do about this. Daylight savings time
    > >is less of an issue than travel between time zones. I keep forgetting
    > >to reset the camcorder when I do that.
    >

    > Its not Daylight Savings time, its Daylight Saving time.

    It's neither. You can't save daylight.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 03:59:54 GMT, GT40 <me@mine.us> wrote:

    >On 31 Oct 2004 19:48:50 -0800, Paul Rubin
    ><http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> writes:
    >>> P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
    >>> never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
    >>> convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
    >>> now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do? We
    >>> have it here!
    >>
    >>I haven't really decided what to do about this. Daylight savings time
    >>is less of an issue than travel between time zones. I keep forgetting
    >>to reset the camcorder when I do that.
    >

    >Its not Daylight Savings time, its Daylight Saving time.

    Thanks for the mighty contribution to the world's knowledge.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.digital.photo,alt.photography,rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Kevin <kevin@nospam.invalid> wrote in

    > In rec.video Gary Edstrom <gedstrom@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >> For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your
    >> pictures, remember to set the clock in your still and/or video
    >> camera to the correct time.
    >
    > I suspected this last year when someone (you?) posted this
    > reminder, but confirmed it tonight: my Sony VX2000 automatically
    > adjusted its clock for daylight savings.
    >
    > So did my VCR, which surprised me, since it's supposed to pull the
    > time signals automatically from public-broadcast channels on cable
    > (like PBS). What's so special about that? It's not connected to
    > cable TV...

    It's not only on cable, it's also on the PBS B/C signal.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Tuner Cards Photo Cameras Video Graphics