Trim lines from video

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

I have an mpeg-2 video file but when I play it there are wavy lines at the
very bottom of the screen (it was originally recorded from an analogue
videotape).

I was wondering if there's a free utility I could use to either cut those
lines from the bottom, or cover them by adding a black border all the way
around the screen.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thomas

Thomas wrote:

> I have an mpeg-2 video file but when I play it there are wavy lines at the
> very bottom of the screen (it was originally recorded from an analogue
> videotape).
>
> I was wondering if there's a free utility I could use to either cut those
> lines from the bottom, or cover them by adding a black border all the way
> around the screen.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Thomas

There's a few ways with various editors that you can "crop" that..
However, keep in mind that you'll incur a generation loss when you
re-encode it.

-Richard