Remote Desktop signsout after login...

July 13, 2004 2:41:44 PM

Hi
I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right one...
The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched. When
the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I get
the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that it
looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some point a
logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being closed,
which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I only
boot the computer and not login into it.
Any suggestion?

Regards
Thorbjørn
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 5:05:01 PM

Ouu, ouu, I think I know this. J

OK, from your screen, the remote computer’s window has loged on.
But the only thing showing on the remote computer’s screen is the Log on screen.

So, when you (inside the window of the remote computer) type in the password and click logon,

Causes the remote computer to log your session off before it logs on.
(At the point the remote computer would startup all it’s stuff like network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see anyway.)

Solution: Use the remote logon again and you will log the remote computer off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your screen.

Try it and let us know. :)

SJ

P.S. If this works you just saved me 4 trips every couple of hours, (if I can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and replacing my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.

Hurry Up! :)

"Thorbjørn Jørgensen" wrote:

> Hi
> I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
> group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right one...
> The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched. When
> the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I get
> the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that it
> looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some point a
> logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being closed,
> which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
> Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
> Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I only
> boot the computer and not login into it.
> Any suggestion?
>
> Regards
> Thorbjørn

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 12:57:21 PM

Hi
I am not totally sure what you mean by your post, but as I read i think it
is about trying to login multiple times, and that actually did work... I
tried 3 times and the Remote Desktop Connection was up. I have only tried to
boot it once till now, but it would suprise me a lot if i did not work every
time. I thank you so much...

Regards
Thorbjørn

> Ouu, ouu, I think I know this. J
>
> OK, from your screen, the remote computer's window has loged on.
> But the only thing showing on the remote computer's screen is the Log on
screen.

> So, when you (inside the window of the remote computer) type in the
password and click logon,

> Causes the remote computer to log your session off before it logs on.
> (At the point the remote computer would startup all it's stuff like
network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see anyway.)

> Solution: Use the remote logon again and you will log the remote computer
off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your screen.

> Try it and let us know. :)
>
> SJ
>
> P.S. If this works you just saved me 4 trips every couple of hours, (if I
can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and replacing
my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.

> Hurry Up! :)
>

> "Thorbjørn Jørgensen" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
> > group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right
one...
> > The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched.
When
> > the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I
get
> > the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that
it
> > looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some
point a
> > logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being
closed,
> > which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
> > Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
> > Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I
only
> > boot the computer and not login into it.
> > Any suggestion?
> >
> > Regards
> > Thorbjørn

July 16, 2004 2:56:29 PM

Hi TJ, :)

Well, I'm it worked but I tested this morning and it worked with only one logon wheather the remote was re-booted or not.
So I was wrong. There is no first time condition.

Here is my results. Key word is patients. lol

SJ

~~~~~~~~~~~results~

Testing Remote Boot Logon

Ctrl-Alt-END

1. Test 1 – PC-Rx up and logged on, remote logon from PC-Cx ok.
Will now remote boot PC-Rx

Ctrl-Alt-END popped up task manager. Used shutdown (in menu) from there (PC-Rx focus).
Message indicating session was ended, replied ok. Remote Logon dialog box on screen of PC-Cx.

PC-Rx re-booted. After 1 min Logged on to remote PC-Rx from PC-Cx.
Message indicating the machine was to busy.
Waited 20 seconds and tried again. Success went straight to PC-Rx Desktop as if logging on at console of PC-Rx.

2. Test 2 - Normal session end on PC-Rx and reconnect to session.
Programs running WordPad with this document.
Here goes.
Success, PC-Rx running WordPad screen after remote logon from PC-Cx.

Conclusions – It’s to easy. But requires patients while remote machine re-boots to settle down.
PC-Rx in the test was a PIII 800 on a 133 mobo and 33 UDMA disk. The time to re-boot was 1:20 minimum. No start-up programs, not even AV.

~~~~~~~end results~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thorbjørn Jørgensen" wrote:

> Hi
> I am not totally sure what you mean by your post, but as I read i think it
> is about trying to login multiple times, and that actually did work... I
> tried 3 times and the Remote Desktop Connection was up. I have only tried to
> boot it once till now, but it would suprise me a lot if i did not work every
> time. I thank you so much...
>
> Regards
> Thorbjørn
>

> > Ouu, ouu, I think I know this. J
> >
> > OK, from your screen, the remote computer's window has loged on.
> > But the only thing showing on the remote computer's screen is the Log on
> screen.
> >

> > So, when you (inside the window of the remote computer) type in the
> password and click logon,
> >
> > Causes the remote computer to log your session off before it logs on.
> > (At the point the remote computer would startup all it's stuff like
> network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see anyway.)
> >
> > Solution: Use the remote logon again and you will log the remote computer
> off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your screen.
> >
> > Try it and let us know. :)
> >
> > SJ
> >
> > P.S. If this works you just saved me 4 trips every couple of hours, (if I
> can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and replacing
> my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.
> >
> > Hurry Up! :)
> >

> > "Thorbjørn Jørgensen" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
> > > group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right
> one...
> > > The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched.
> When
> > > the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I
> get
> > > the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that
> it
> > > looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some
> point a
> > > logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being
> closed,
> > > which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
> > > Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
> > > Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I
> only
> > > boot the computer and not login into it.
> > > Any suggestion?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Thorbjørn

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:40:46 PM

Hi
Well i thought that it would work if I just tried enough times, but it does
not, so I think that there might be somthing wrong somewhere. Since the
Event log does not show any events that would explain this, I need som help
on where I sould look fore this error...

Regards
Thorbjørn

> [...]
> > password and click logon,
> > >
> > > Causes the remote computer to log your session off before it logs on.
> > > (At the point the remote computer would startup all it's stuff like
> > network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see
anyway.)

> > > Solution: Use the remote logon again and you will log the remote
computer
> > off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your
screen.

> > > Try it and let us know. :)
> > >
> > > SJ
> > >
> > > P.S. If this works you just saved me 4 trips every couple of hours,
(if I
> > can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and
replacing
> > my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:40:47 PM

HI TJ,

see this link http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...

Also see post in remote called

A after re-mote reboot by SlowJet 7/19 about Nvadia drivers.

Good Luck,
SJ

"Thorbjørn Jørgensen" wrote:

> [...]
> tried to
> > > boot it once till now, but it would suprise me a lot if i did not work
> every
> > > time. I thank you so much...
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Thorbjørn

> on
> > > screen.

> > > password and click logon,

> > > network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see
> anyway.)

> computer
> > > off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your
> screen.

> (if I
> > > can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and
> replacing
> > > my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:23:22 PM

I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution. I
read through this thread and was unable to understand/apply and of the
suggestions.

Jeff
"Thorbjørn Jørgensen" <thorbjorn-jorgensen@person.dk> wrote in message news:<cd073d$t55$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>...
> Hi
> I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
> group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right one...
> The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched. When
> the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I get
> the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that it
> looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some point a
> logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being closed,
> which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
> Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
> Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I only
> boot the computer and not login into it.
> Any suggestion?
>
> Regards
> Thorbjørn
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 11:39:28 PM

Disable the NVidia Display Driver service in Services under Computer
Management (compmgmt.msc)

This is a known issue...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On 22 Jul 2004 11:23:22 -0700, google@buzzell.net (Jeffrey K Buzzell)
wrote:

>I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution. I
>read through this thread and was unable to understand/apply and of the
>suggestions.
>
>Jeff
>"Thorbjørn Jørgensen" <thorbjorn-jorgensen@person.dk> wrote in message news:<cd073d$t55$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>...
>> Hi
>> I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
>> group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right one...
>> The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched. When
>> the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I get
>> the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that it
>> looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some point a
>> logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being closed,
>> which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
>> Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
>> Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I only
>> boot the computer and not login into it.
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Regards
>> Thorbjørn
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 2:01:51 AM

Thanks so much for helping make sence of that. Been
driving me crazy trying to figure that one out.

-Ergo

benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
not

!