Vegas 5 & Hyperthreading?

Does Vegas 5 make use of hyperthreading technology?

Neil R

Neil Rutman wrote:
> Does Vegas 5 make use of hyperthreading technology?
>
> Neil R

Sort of. Here's a few posts from various Vegas forums. The decision is
yours.

"You can get improved performance with HT turned on IF you are rendering in
one instance and working in another, or rendering in multiple instances. If
you're not using more than one instance your system might work better with
HT off."

"Unless you are doing more than a couple renders, it's not beneficial with
relationship to Vegas. Although the concept of hyperthreading is really
great, there seem to be only a few apps that can really take advantage. It's
more useful with lots of apps open and Vegas (or premiere) are doing the
render thing."

"When I render to MPEG-2 in Vegas it uses between 85% - 95% on both
processors. If I have multiple instances of Vegas open it will use 100%."

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike.

Neil R

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Neil Rutman wrote:
>> Does Vegas 5 make use of hyperthreading technology?
>>
>> Neil R
>

> Sort of. Here's a few posts from various Vegas forums. The decision is
> yours.
>
> "You can get improved performance with HT turned on IF you are rendering
> in
> one instance and working in another, or rendering in multiple instances.
> If
> you're not using more than one instance your system might work better with
> HT off."
>
> "Unless you are doing more than a couple renders, it's not beneficial with
> relationship to Vegas. Although the concept of hyperthreading is really
> great, there seem to be only a few apps that can really take advantage.
> It's
> more useful with lots of apps open and Vegas (or premiere) are doing the
> render thing."
>
> "When I render to MPEG-2 in Vegas it uses between 85% - 95% on both
> processors. If I have multiple instances of Vegas open it will use 100%."
>

> Mike

Latest posts