windows media question - compression

I have a client who wants me to take his marketing DVD and configure it for
web viewing on his site. I have experimented with the Windows Media Encoder
to see which settings would be the best balance between quality and file
size. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation here. I know there are
forums that are more specific to the windows media server but i have had
good success getting questions answered here and have never posted at the
WMS newsgroups.

The other thing is that if I use an option that involves the Windows media
Server - is this a whole over OS for servers?

Thanks -

JD

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, John Doe wrote:

> web viewing on his site. I have experimented with the Windows Media Encoder
> to see which settings would be the best balance between quality and file

Depends. <G> Resizing to 1/2 size is a start, the WM Voice codec is great
if there's no music in the background.

> The other thing is that if I use an option that involves the Windows media
> Server - is this a whole over OS for servers?

WMS is included with the Win2K and Win2K3 server. Win2K includes WMS 4.1
while Win2K3 ships with WMS 9. There are no versions between the two of
course.

--
http://www.noderunner.net/~llin/