Conversion from QuickTime to AVI or MPEG

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2004 3:52:34 AM

the subject line is my question; is there (inexpensive) software around to
convert QuickTime video to MPEG or AVI ? If so, can someone give me some
titles ?

thanks in advance ...

Liz
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 3:52:35 AM

Liz wrote:
> the subject line is my question; is there (inexpensive) software around to
> convert QuickTime video to MPEG or AVI ? If so, can someone give me some
> titles ?
>
> thanks in advance ...

QuickTime Pro will convert to a variety of formats, including AVI.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 3:52:35 AM

Liz wrote:
> the subject line is my question; is there (inexpensive) software around to
> convert QuickTime video to MPEG or AVI ? If so, can someone give me some
> titles ?

RAD video tools should do it, and for free.
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

-WD
November 2, 2004 5:47:56 AM

Check out Vegas Movie Studio (used to be Screen Blast)
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProd...
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/showprod...
it says it imports MOV (and it does handle the little video .mov files my
digital
still camera creates)

mikey

"Liz" <liz@tiredofspam.com> wrote in message

> the subject line is my question; is there (inexpensive) software around
> convert QuickTime video to MPEG or AVI ? If so, can someone give me some
> titles ?
>
> thanks in advance ...
>
> Liz

November 2, 2004 8:28:45 AM

"Liz" <liz@tiredofspam.com> wrote in message

> the subject line is my question; is there (inexpensive) software around
> convert QuickTime video to MPEG or AVI ? If so, can someone give me some
> titles ?
>
> thanks in advance ...
>
> Liz

I'd recommend RAD Video Tools - freeware from
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Also there's the trialware EOVideo from
http://www.eo-video.com/

Another freeware solution is to use TMPGEnc
http://www.tmpgenc.net/

With TMPGEnc you'll also need the MOV Reader Plug-in which again is freeware
Homepage http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html
Download link http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/QTReader.zi...

Martin.
November 2, 2004 6:06:43 PM