Password expiration over VPN

We have a number of remote VPN users using Cisco VPN
client and when their network passwords expire they are
not being prompted that it will expire in X number of
days. Is there a way to notify them before it expires as
if they were logging onto the physical network?

Note: We are not on Active Directory but when I worked at
a company that was this was also an issue with the remote
users there as well.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

There is a solution over at
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Microsoft_Network/Q_21016402.html
that describes the process of sending an email notification of the
password expiration.

Otherwise I haven't seen any other sort of implementation of
expiration notifications.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:37:57 -0700, "Kevin"