Moving Final Cut Express Chapters into iDVD

Barry

I have Final Cut Express. I can not figure out how to create any form
of Chapters - whether in Clips or a Sequence - then move it somehow
into iDVD and have iDVD be aware of the chapters. I see I can move it
to iMovie, and add chapters there, but I want to cut out that step. Is
this possible and if so, how?

Go to the Final Cut Express forum on the Apple website. THisd question is
dealt with often. On your tool bar at the top of the screen, open the
"Mark" catagory, click on mark, then on add markers. Fairly clear process.

I think only the most recent version of iDVD recognizes the chapter markers,
but it works well for me.
"Barry" <bjinfo@globalkids.org> wrote in message
> I have Final Cut Express. I can not figure out how to create any form
> of Chapters - whether in Clips or a Sequence - then move it somehow
> into iDVD and have iDVD be aware of the chapters. I see I can move it
> to iMovie, and add chapters there, but I want to cut out that step. Is
> this possible and if so, how?

Barry

Thank you for responding to my newsgroup question. I went to
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42973 and followed all
of the directions but it still does not work. I DO create the chapters
in Final Cut Express but when I import it into iDVD they do not show
up. Is there a trick to importing it? I am sure there is just
something stupid I am not doing, but I believe I am following each
step to the T.

"tkranz" <tkranz@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<Oaaid.833370$Gx4.316343@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> Go to the Final Cut Express forum on the Apple website. THisd question is
> dealt with often. On your tool bar at the top of the screen, open the
> "Mark" catagory, click on mark, then on add markers. Fairly clear process.
>
> I think only the most recent version of iDVD recognizes the chapter markers,
> but it works well for me.
> "Barry" <bjinfo@globalkids.org> wrote in message
> > I have Final Cut Express. I can not figure out how to create any form
> > of Chapters - whether in Clips or a Sequence - then move it somehow
> > into iDVD and have iDVD be aware of the chapters. I see I can move it
> > to iMovie, and add chapters there, but I want to cut out that step. Is
> > this possible and if so, how?

Barry

Thank you for responding to my newsgroup question. I went to
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42973 and followed all
of the directions but it still does not work. I DO create the chapters
in Final Cut Express but when I import it into iDVD they do not show
up. Is there a trick to importing it? I am sure there is just
something stupid I am not doing, but I believe I am following each
step to the T.

Also, I went to:
Which tells you how to check in quicktime player if you properly
encoded the Chapter markers. I checked and it looks like I DID NOT. SO
the process must be breaking down there (or in how I am saving it).

Any thoughts?