logging in from another

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a small network at home with windows xp pro on one
system and win 98 on another. I am wondering if I can
login to my XP from the 98 system. I would like to have
access to my XP account even if another account is logged
into the xp system. Thank You in advance

Rob wrote:
> I have a small network at home with windows xp pro on one
> system and win 98 on another. I am wondering if I can
> login to my XP from the 98 system. I would like to have
> access to my XP account even if another account is logged
> into the xp system. Thank You in advance

If you mean you want to use Remote Desktop to remote to your XP machine from
your 98 Machine.. Yes you can do that - but not with your stipulation of
"even if another account is logged into the XP system" - unless you add
"even if it means kicking them off."

Remote Desktop allows you to connect to and TAKE OVER the remote system.
Remote Assistance allows you to connect to and SHARE the system with the
person logged in, as them.

Now if you just want your files, not your look/feel/logon/applications/etc -
then you can just share the Windows XP drive.. But you will need to clarify
what you are wanting to do.

--
<- Shenan ->