Printing in triplicate?

Remote desktop set up with minimal fuss.
I can print from local machine (WIN98SE) to local printer no problem. But
from remote machine (XP PRO) to local printer the printout looks almost
blurred. There are 3 copies of the document, vertically mis-aligned by a
fraction of an inch.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Interesting--not one I've run into before. Tell us about the printer
involved?

I take it this has persisted across several tests, including reboots of both
client and host machines?

"Gary Sewell" <gary@pmbl.co.uk> wrote in message
> Remote desktop set up with minimal fuss.
> I can print from local machine (WIN98SE) to local printer no problem. But
> from remote machine (XP PRO) to local printer the printout looks almost
> blurred. There are 3 copies of the document, vertically mis-aligned by a
> fraction of an inch.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply,

The problem persists after rebooting both machines.
The original printer was a Lexmark Z11, but I have since tried with a
Brother HL1450 and this just prints garbage.
I went the Remote Desktop route because I could not establish a VPN between
machines, maybe the
underlying problem has something to do with this?

Regards.