Remote Desktop Win2K v Win XP

I have a Win 2k machine with which I can make a remote desktop connection to my XP pro machine at work from my home network.
I can make a connection from work to home (XP to XP)
If I try to use my home Win XP pro machine I can not make a connection. A week ago I could make a connection.
As far as I know the only change is that I have shifted to a fixed ip from my ISP (Bigpond Australia). I have spent alot of time on this with little success. Can anyone help ??
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop win2k

    What was involved in the change to the fixed IP?

    Any chance there's some firewall functionality in the device which connects
    you to the ISP?

    "FN" <FN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Win 2k machine with which I can make a remote desktop connection
    to my XP pro machine at work from my home network.
    > I can make a connection from work to home (XP to XP)
    > If I try to use my home Win XP pro machine I can not make a connection. A
    week ago I could make a connection.
    > As far as I know the only change is that I have shifted to a fixed ip from
    my ISP (Bigpond Australia). I have spent alot of time on this with little
    success. Can anyone help ??

Remote Desktop Connection Internet Service Providers Windows XP