Computer very slow (Svchost.exe )

I have a Windows XP PRO OS in a Compaq computer. When
the system starts and I check the CPU usage in
taskmanger, the percentage of CPU is 80%. When I check
what is using the CPU, the Svchost.exe is using most of
it. When I kill this executable the system goes down to
normal, 1 to 5% CPU usage.

Do I need to have this Svchost.exe working on my PC or
how can I fix my problem?

Please advise. Thank you!
1 answer Last reply
More about computer slow svchost

    for information on svchost.exe go to this place
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q250/3/20.ASP&NoWebContent=1

    you should find what you need to know here

Computers CPUs Svchost.Exe Windows XP