Mapping Drives with VPN

I have VPN access to my workplace and want to get to the
network servers at work. IT has told me that I will have
to map the drives on my home computer but it tells me
they are not found. I am on Windows XP Home. Has anyone
tried this? Is this a option with the XP home edition?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Laura

Are you able to ping to the network servers after establishing a VPN
connection? While mapping the drives are you giving the hostname or the IP
address. If it is the name then try with the IP.

--
Thanks,
Sharoon

"Lawillau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have VPN access to my workplace and want to get to the
> network servers at work. IT has told me that I will have
> to map the drives on my home computer but it tells me
> they are not found. I am on Windows XP Home. Has anyone
> tried this? Is this a option with the XP home edition?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks...Laura

The IP address worked. I was able to show our IT techs
something. Thanks for your help.

Laura

confers no rights.