Remote Desktop Logging on And Off

I administer a network where I need to log into machines remotely, log out as a Power User and in as an administrator, install software and then log back off. I have been using 2000 workstations with Netmeeting. However, when playing around with Remote Desktop Connection, I can connect to a machine remotely, but when I go to "Start", the only choice I have is to disconnect. How can I log off of this machine and log back in as another user?
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop logging

    JOE wrote:
    > I administer a network where I need to log into machines remotely,
    > log out as a Power User and in as an administrator, install software
    > and then log back off. I have been using 2000 workstations with
    > Netmeeting. However, when playing around with Remote Desktop
    > Connection, I can connect to a machine remotely, but when I go to
    > "Start", the only choice I have is to disconnect. How can I log off
    > of this machine and log back in as another user?

    Can you not use "RUN AS" to install the application with Admin privs, but
    when logged in as the Power User?

    Anyway - as to your question - with the remote machine in focus - press
    CTRL+ALT+END - it acts like CTRL+ALT+DEL on the remote machine.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    warranties of any
    >kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
    before you take any
    >advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
    actions.

    >.

    After connecting to a remote machine, with their screen
    maximized, I hit control+alt+delete, and it logs me off
    of my own machine, not the remote machine. Any other
    suggestions?

    Joe wrote:
    > After connecting to a remote machine, with their screen
    > maximized, I hit control+alt+delete, and it logs me off
    > of my own machine, not the remote machine. Any other
    > suggestions?

    Yes.. One more...

    READ WHAT I TYPED..

    I said CTRL+ALT+END with the Remote Desktop in focus..

    END not DEL... With the Remote Desktop IN FOCUS.. =)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP