  • Remote Desktop
  • Connection
  • Windows XP
July 15, 2004 4:03:03 PM

I administer a network where I need to log into machines remotely, log out as a Power User and in as an administrator, install software and then log back off. I have been using 2000 workstations with Netmeeting. However, when playing around with Remote Desktop Connection, I can connect to a machine remotely, but when I go to "Start", the only choice I have is to disconnect. How can I log off of this machine and log back in as another user?

More about : remote desktop logging

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 8:34:17 PM

JOE wrote:
> I administer a network where I need to log into machines remotely,
> log out as a Power User and in as an administrator, install software
> and then log back off. I have been using 2000 workstations with
> Netmeeting. However, when playing around with Remote Desktop
> Connection, I can connect to a machine remotely, but when I go to
> "Start", the only choice I have is to disconnect. How can I log off
> of this machine and log back in as another user?

Can you not use "RUN AS" to install the application with Admin privs, but
when logged in as the Power User?

Anyway - as to your question - with the remote machine in focus - press
CTRL+ALT+END - it acts like CTRL+ALT+DEL on the remote machine.

--
<- Shenan ->
July 16, 2004 10:39:49 AM

of
>completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
before you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

>.

After connecting to a remote machine, with their screen
maximized, I hit control+alt+delete, and it logs me off
of my own machine, not the remote machine. Any other
suggestions?
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 2:45:49 PM

Joe wrote:
> After connecting to a remote machine, with their screen
> maximized, I hit control+alt+delete, and it logs me off
> of my own machine, not the remote machine. Any other
> suggestions?

Yes.. One more...

READ WHAT I TYPED..

I said CTRL+ALT+END with the Remote Desktop in focus..

END not DEL... With the Remote Desktop IN FOCUS.. =)

--
<- Shenan ->